Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Movie Reviews.............!!


..........I thought i'd show you how the canvas is going while i tell you about some movies.....But first let me tell you not to listen to any movie reviews....... lol!...seriously form your own opinions... I had this driven home for me when last week i watched a movie review for the new Superman movie Man of Steel........ I think the show was called  'See it, Rent it, Skip it' or something like that and recommended that you skip the Superman movie.... i wonder how many people listened to them......? You really have to take all these reviews with a grain of salt....including mine..... :) 

'Man of Steel'........LOVED it! Don't miss it! Totally worth your movie dollars.......I think its the best Superman movie yet and i'am a huge fan of Christopher Reeves as Superman......I think Chrisopher Reeves was born to play Superman..... But this movie, well it was just the whole enchilada ......The guy who played Superman is  relatively unknown to me...Henry something i think but BUT and i think this was key his supporting actors were Kevin Costner and Russel Crowe. So often big name actors do not want to play supporting roles, they want to be the stars of their own movies and i think we lose alot of talent that way. Those supporting roles are so important....... Okay enough GO...See it!!I don't think you'll be sorry....


'Now you See Me.....'  Hubs and i thoroughly enjoyed this movie. The best way to describe it is its just FUN.  Lighthearted....with some fabulous young actors and it doesn't hurt that Morgan Freeman gives the movie some weight in again a supporting role.... If your looking for a movie to just lift your spirits and put a smile on your face this is it!

Iron Man 3..........We enjoyed this movie too. And honestly we both agree it was better than Iron Man 2.... So nice to see Gwyneth Paltrow's character get into the action in this movie. Ofcourse i think Robert Downey Jr and Gwyneth Paltrow have wonderful chemistry in the movie and really all the Iron Man movies...

'After Earth'..........I know.......I know you've heard the reviews...you've even heard Will Smith put down his own movie....but honestly......In both our opinions hubby and i didn't think this movie was that bad......not as bad as the reviews..... Special Effects were Awesome! and since that cannot totally carry a movie let me tell you Will Smith's son Jayden was Great! The Achilles heel of this movie was Will Smith and how he either chose to play his character or how he was told to play his character.....His character was battle worn, mentally battle scarred and not supposed to have any emotion.......well let me tell you if you look at it that way Will Smith pulled it off.....I mean totally blank.....have you ever seen Will Smith's face not animated in some way?? He was just a real drag on this movie......To have him show absolutely no trace of emotion was a mistake in my opinion......even if it was just when no other character could see him, something other than a blank stare should have crossed his face.....anyway.....take that into consideration  Will Smith really didn't have a big part in this movie....more about his son and his son did an admirable job so at least if you like this kind of movie its worth a rental..... 

Now lets get to the two movies we did not see on the big screen but purchased the DVD's.......

Warm Bodies...........kind of a lukewarm review too.....it was okay...A very different take on Zombies and that in itself was refreshing.......Zombies coming back to normal.......A romantic comedy with a Zombie twist.........lol.......i didn't fall in love with it but it was cute........

and now my only BAD review........

'Oz'............Please......please.........just skip it......I have no idea where to start to tell you how bad this movie was.........I was ready to turn it off halfway thru but hubby wanted to finish it.....Bad, bad acting......and i like some of the actors.....but i would not put this one in their resume........If you have a different take on any of these movies i'd love to hear it........

PS........Canvas coming along huh?!!! Hugs! deb
PSPS....if you need a smile catch an episode of 'Americas
Got Talent'....watched it last night with hubby...had us grinning ear to ear cheering everyone on........

3 comments:

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Thanks for the reviews. I think World War Z and for sure The Lone Ranger are on my list of Must See. Its hard for me to get him to the theatre since there were reports that theatres are one of the most common places to pick up bed bugs...ugh

Corrine at sparkledaysstudio.com said...

Canvas is looking good...I heard Superman was fantastic too.....and anything with Morgan Freeman gets me to watch, I think he's marvelous. xox

CraftyViolet said...

Hubby and I haven't been to a movie in years but I did take my grandsons last year to see the Superman movie which they loved.
I watch movies on the movie network or DVD's. I never pay much attention to reviews either. They are, after all, one person's opinion.
Your door looks great!