Friday, June 14, 2013

Not Exactly..............

.......a hat but perhaps an Abalone Shell will do??  I found this gorgeous shell at one of the flea markets we have visited lately. I wanted one for my sage smudging.  I had a ceramic dish , you can see it there in the lower right corner but it wasn't as natural as i would have liked..........I kept finding the Abalone shells but they wanted like $20 for it and i just couldn't do it....Then i came across this one for $6 ! Yeah baby! Sold! One of these days were gonna talk about that turkey feather you see there in front.......


so.......seven......seven little strips of paper in an Abalone Shell........ Thank you to everybody who participated...... and here i was worried i was only running the GiveAway for  few days......

So i lifted the shell above my head.....swirled the slips around with my fingers and pulled out a name......

StarDust!!!! You win!!! If you'll get your snail mail addy to me I'll get this in the mail to you next week!  Just email me at nuleaf at comcast dot net....Congratulations!!

*****And here is the rest of the story...........Everyone might be a little more amazed at StarDust's win if you knew the rest of the story............ I put all the names in the shell took my pictures....swirled them around and pulled a name StarDust! Sat down ...loaded my pictures and started typing and looking more closely at the pictures......no matter how hard i tried i could only make out 6 slips of paper in the pictures and i KNOW there was seven........maybe there was just one tucked under another one...and i almost made myself believe it but i decided to investigate further and  there lying on the carpet was a rogue slip of paper......uuugh....so....i did it all again.....swirled them around and pulled out a name and STARDUST!!! So really StarDust you won twice! I think you were MEANT to have this little Koi!  And everybody else? Don't worry i'll always be giving more stuff away! Hugs! deb

2 comments:

Corrine at sparkledaysstudio.com said...

When a thing is meant to be it's meant to be...Pretty abalone. Yeah $6 is a whole lot better. xox

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Love the abalone. I wear abalone a lot in the summer. Love it.

Congrats to Stardust..Your name was on that Koi!