Thursday, July 11, 2013

An Epiphany........


But before we get to that i better apologize for the terrible pictures...I have such a difficult time getting good pictures of my artwork......I hope you can at least see what 'epiphany' i'm talking about...lol.......Above is the entire sketch......Its pretty much done...i may find it needs another doodle or two as i go along but for now we'll call it done...... As you can see the black and white worms or vines or whatever you call them have made a return....I don't know what it is about them but i love a shot of black and white in an otherwise colorful picture....

Now for the epiphany.......In the above picture see how the 'sea urchins' just follow along the edge of the rock? Looks nice right? But very well lets say 'flat', one dimensional....My 'ah ha'! moment came when i tried sketching some sticking over the edge......

I think it added so much to the drawing. You can see it not only in the above picture but the couple below too....
here........
and here too........such a simple little tweak that made a huge difference..........at least to my eye.......i hope you can see it too

And just because this post is so terribly, boringly black and white here's a shot of color for you........now imagine that orange hair against a blue (water) background?? Its gonna be gorgeous! Hugs! deb

4 comments:

CraftyViolet said...

I agree. It is going to be beautiful!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I really like it when you get epiphanies. I can imagine it already.

Wanted to tell you that Jinx seems to doing what cats do best when supervising. And yes, not having AC doesn't seem to bother them, even with all that fur coat they wear year round. Just ask me, I know from experience (grin).

Eileen Bergen said...

It's fascinating to see one of your art works in the early stages, Deb.

They're so intricate and develop into so many surprises. We can never tell what imaginary creature will emerge.

Irene Rafael said...

Hi! First I want to apologize for not visiting sooner. I thought I was abreast with the comments needing moderation but found a slew of them unattended to. Thank you for visiting from Seth's and for your kind comments. I like seeing your process and your thought with regards to your piece. I agree, a little bit adds much. I am always delighted when I see this in my own work. It's a bit like magic. I can imagine the orange against the blue. Nice. I also have a difficult time photographing my own art. It's practice practice practice.