Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Hand Cramp!...............


.............its been all about circles around here! Wow.......thats all i can say........I always get in over my head but with a little time and patience i love the end result........Above is a picture of an unfinished MailArt postcard for my friend Eileen, The Artful Crafter...........You can find her over there on my blog roll. As you can see still using the postcards to figure stuff out before putting on canvas.............. Here i tried out techniques for the rope around the door.......
It was more difficult to draw the pebbles because of the texture of the canvas. So i had to slow down and concentrate. But i think it turned out great. You can see the variations of light and dark pebbles nicely. The more i work on this canvas the more i see the merits of the advice from June, at A Creative Dreamer, over there on my blogroll.  She advised me to start from the back and work forward.....I did not do that and it has been a challenge working around everything. Its not that i can't do it the way i'm doing it but starting with the background  and working forward will just make it easier on myself. And there's nothing wrong with easier. :)That June she's just a wealth of knowledge and i thank her for sharing with me!  

*** I made it out the door again this morning for a walk! A slim crescent moon was holding back the dawn......lawn sprinklers left diamonds on the grass......cool breeze still coming in my window....Have a wonderful 4th of July! We'll be hibernating ....up over the century mark again....Hugs! deb

6 comments:

CraftyViolet said...

Looking great! Everyone has their own way of doing things and what works for one, doesn't for another. I usually do things the hard way too....mainly because I hate following patterns and make things up as I go!

Have a great July 4th hibernation celebration!

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

All I can say is WOW. Fabulous depth. Worth the hand cramp, I'd say..oh, sorry..its YOUR hand.
Have a safe and fun 4th.

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Oh, I meant to ask if you are going to see the Lone Ranger? We are on staycation so we'll go on the first rainy day, which may be tomorrow as dreary as our summer is going.

Jackie said...

Wow thats fantastic! I'm not surprised you have hand cramp.

debby said...

Those pebbles are an element that I really like to use in quilting!

Eileen Bergen said...

Hand cramp - lol. I know what you mean. It's looking great though. really admire your patience with the little pebbles and similar details, Deb.