Monday, July 1, 2013

Melting......I'm Melting...........



..........well not really but i hear shoes are melting in Arizona.... 107 here yesterday.... 111 predicted for tomorrow....really?...wow.... We've just been in hibernation mode around here....... This morning i dragged my butt out of bed at 4am with hubby and saw him off to work then i marched right upstairs put on my walking clothes and headed out the door by 5am for a walk ....Oh it was gloriously cool and everyone's sprinklers kicking on felt good on my bare legs as i walked by.....Walked a good 40 minutes and threw open the windows when i got home to bring in some of that cool air..... Ofcourse it didn't last and here at 9am i have the air back on....uuughh.....  We have still managed to turn off our air condition at night and open the windows...... we get to listen to everyone else's air condition drone on and on......
In the picture above now you can see what the mermaids will be holding.... keys!.... Keys to open the next door in your life.... which one will you choose? Think you can catch a little mermaid sprite?

Still lots and lots of doodling going on  with this picture. Its 11" x 15".... kinda large for doodling...... I had a difficult time drawing those starfish.....don't ask me why.....big learning curve there....i kept trying to draw them with skinny arms like the vines......I'm really itching to start coloring on this one but i want a black and white line copy first and its too big for my scanner so will have to hit one of the office supply stores and have a copy made..... Stay cool everyone! Hugs! deb

4 comments:

Corrine at sparkledaysstudio.com said...

Cute doodles. Everyone is melting of 100% saturated.....stay cool, stay inside. xox

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

You have heat.. we have heat and rain and humidity...everyone has something weird going on.

Like the doodles.

CraftyViolet said...

Nice doodles for sure. I'm sure it will be even better in colour. We had a week of hot humid weather, then a week of rain and cool weather. We started out for a walk this morning with jackets on and half an hour later we were sweating in T-shirts. Very odd weather for sure.

Eileen Bergen said...

Deb, you make your early morning walk sound so enticing, I wish I could join you. And I'm not a walker!

I love your mermaids - always have. Keys? I Like the symbolism.

Guess what - I got another surprise mermaid today! I just scanned it so I can blog. Neat story.