Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Ghost Kitty..........?

But first let me introduce you to 'Yogurt Face Kitty'.......aka Jinx! LOL! This silly cat LOVES yogurt. He sits patiently waiting for me to finish my yogurt.....we are both partial to Chobani.....then he will stick his whole face in the container to lick it out and spend an hour afterwards cleaning his face and paws but inevitably he ends up with Yogurt Face (see the ring?)......lol ! BUT what i really wanna tell you about is Ghost Kitty.......

I hesitate to bring this up........and i wholeheartedly understand if you are skeptical.....shoot i'm skeptical but let me tell you my story......

We have two and a half baths.....crazy.....its still weird to have more than one bathroom....but i digress......maybe i'm stalling......but okay.....When i'am sitting on the toilet ( TMI i know..sorry) in the downstairs bathroom and only this bathroom.....i have felt something brush up against my legs......like you know ...a cat......i reach down to pet Jinx and ........no cat......This has happened maybe three or four times since moving in the house last Oct...so not too often but often enough for me to take notice.....

I keep this information to myself......I just didn't want to see the eye rolls.....lol........but now here's the really spooky part......One night not too long ago Alvin and i are lying in bed , just talking before falling asleep when this brave man mentions to me that something brushed his leg while in the downstairs bathroom and there was nothing there........!!!! OMG! So then i related my story and just wow! We have a ghost kitty!  How can we have a ghost in a new house??? 

I've since mentioned this to a few other people and someone suggested maybe some poor hapless kitty got poured into the foundation or something.........i sure hope not........ Anyway its been a month or two since hubby and i talked about this and since we talked i have not felt anything brush my leg in the bathroom. Maybe talking about it desensitized us to it or something.......? 

But one thing i have not told hubby is that sometimes in the morning after he's left for work and i'm still lying in bed with my eyes closed i hear footsteps on carpet coming from the bedroom door around the foot of the bed to his side and i wait for Jinx to jump up and wish me good morning......after a few minutes and he doesn't jump up i lean over to the side of the bed and no Jinx....huh....I sit up in bed looking for him and here he comes waltzing in the doorway from the hallway.....whatever was walking across my carpet was not Jinx..........Is that a just a little creepy or what?Hugs! Deb

PS...I hope this posts.....Blogger has been giving me fits of late......

5 comments:

CraftyViolet said...

I have no problem with your story and totally believe you. I grew up on a farm and two of our most beloved old work horses died...but their spirits stayed around for years. My brother, his friend and I saw them on several occasions.

As for the footsteps - again, totally believable -I think the best thing to do is acknowlege his or her presence and let them know they are welcome as long as they stay friendly and protect you. We have spirits all around us, and most are very friendly. They must feel you are a kindred spirit.



Wendy said...

I believe you. I've had experiences with ghost dogs in several places I've lived. It's possible also that it was a cat that had no home and just thought you were friendly, so it spends its afterlife with you.

Wendy

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Did you have a kitty friend that passed where you used to live? If so, perhaps they found you here and are letting you know they are near. Or, maybe its just the kitty that lived on the land before the house was built. Whatever the story, they know you love cats.
xx, Carol

Eileen Bergen said...

I think that's kinda sweet - as long as it doesn't creep you out. I haven't had any experience with ghostly pets, but I believe our lost pets will be waiting for us "on the other side".

I love The Rainbow Bridge imagery so much that I put it to verse for friends who lose their pet companions.

Corrine at sparkledaysstudio.com said...

Spooky post allrighty....surprised Jinx doesn't notice? xox