Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Let there be color.........!




Now here is some big swatches of colored rock. I can definitely get a better feel for what color rock i like best.....Although everyone else i talked to seemed partial to the either the brown or grey. It was the squiggly green ones like the one above that kept calling out to me......


Then! I saw a big swath of the brown rocks and i could image the blue of the water against them and i'm thinking when i get around to attempting to put this on canvas i am going to go with the brown rocks.........



The grey is still my least favorite. Granted it does make the colors pop but it just doesn't do it for it....too drab maybe.....

And now i begin coloring the blue water.......whew....let me tell you thats an awful lot of blue....Here it has a very thin layer of blue...going darker around the edges down to a turquoise in the middle....cross your fingers i don't get some weird streaking going on.....that happens sometimes when i have a large expanse to cover....

Does having a larger portion of the colored rock change your opinion about what color rock you like best like it did me?.....or maybe now that you see it against a little bit of the blue?Hugs! deb

7 comments:

Corrine at sparkledaysstudio.com said...

Squiggly green for me! xox

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Stunning!! Yep, so far I like the green better too!

CraftyViolet said...

I agree with you that the grey is my least favorite - perhaps it would be okay if there was less of it? Yup, I like the green and the orange/brown the best.

Have you ever used gamsol over your coloured pencil marks? It melts the wax and removes all lines but you would have to do each colour by itself because it also mixes the colours, which is great for shading though. For your blue water gamsol would work great.

CraftyViolet said...

I agree with you that the grey is my least favorite - perhaps it would be okay if there was less of it? Yup, I like the green and the orange/brown the best.

Have you ever used gamsol over your coloured pencil marks? It melts the wax and removes all lines but you would have to do each colour by itself because it also mixes the colours, which is great for shading though. For your blue water gamsol would work great.

CraftyViolet said...

Ooops, duplicate comment. Can you delete one? Darn computer.

Eileen Bergen said...

I guess it's unanimous - I like the squiggly green best as well.

I love the mermaid faces and the overall look here. The faces and the black and white striped tendrils look a bit like Dr. Sueuss drawings. However, I like yours better!

Heather said...

Love it! :)