Thursday, August 1, 2013

Movie Reviews with a Lovely........



.......MailArt background!Just the other day i received this cute little envelope in the mail from super talented Corrine. And it is small ...maybe... 3"X5" and inside is a most lovely and unique little booklet. I thought you would enjoy looking at it while i regale you with my most 'humble' movie opinions...  :)

Lets start with Despicable Me 2.........Anyone new here may not know just how much i despise cartoon movies but my hubby LOVES them so i often get dragged kicking and screaming to at least a couple during the year....This one...I dragged HIM... The Despicable Me movies caught me totally by surprise and i LOVE them.... And what i really love about them are the Minions...they . crack. me. UP! If you do not end up walking around the house going 'Be Doh, Be Doh' after this movie i would be shocked! LOL! Totally worth an afternoon matinee! 

World War Z............the whole time i was waiting for this movie to come out i couldn't decide if i wanted to go see it or not.....I thought it was gonna be really, really, good or it was gonna bomb horribly.... As it turns out ....it was really, REALLY good.......Are you a Brad Pitt fan?  I love Brad Pitt , but i've seen him deliver some not so stellar performances...so his movies are usually a hit or miss with me.....Let me tell you if like Brad Pitt here are the movies you don't want to miss...' Legends of the Fall',  'Meet Joe Black', 'Curious Case of Benjamin Button' and now World War Z. AND if you see this movie for no other reason see it for the Zombies.....really unique zombies .....the way they have them move is just creepy..no other word for it...... I hear Brad Pitt made this movie because his sons wanted him to make a zombie movie. That in itself is cool...So really...go ...see...its better than you think.....


Pacific Rim.........one word..Action...Hubs and i loved this movie! It entertained and kept us on the edge of our seats. Imagine the danger not coming from Aliens from outer space but the depths of the ocean. Huge creatures and every new one just keeps getting bigger and bigger .....you build walls between you and the ocean, you create giant robots with men inside to control them to fight the creatures......Really not a dull moment. Great summer flick. Go . See. Eat popcorn...... :)


Okay i try to save my less than stellar reviews for last.....and we have arrived....so.....lets start with Red2.......I honestly did not think i would be hear at the bottom talking about Red2......I LOVED the  first Red.  I mean in the first Red here were some great old timer actors and actresses playing spies with great action and awesome 'one liners' lol! It was hilarious...it was fun.......Red2 lost something.....It lost focus....the whole movie just seemed really scatterbrained for me....I got bored...There were many times i could not understand what Mary-Louise Parker was saying as it was very mumbled....I won't say it was a total bomb because it had its cute moments but not enough of 'those moments' in my opinion to carry the movie....
........and last but not least.......well maybe least......lol........I dragged hubby to see The Conjuring....Hubby drags me to cartoons and i drag him to scary movies....he tells me, "Wake me up when its over"....lol.......And the Conjuring....except for a few instances...you really could have slept thru......Really a yawn.....If you just HAVE to see it...rent it......totally......And i'm one of those people that walk into a scary movie WANTING to be scared...completely open to it....but this one just did not do it for me.....Well there you go...my two cents worth.....hope it helps!

Wasn't that little booklet something! Thank you so much Corrine! I so look forward to your MailArt! Hugs! deb

3 comments:

CraftyViolet said...

Hubby and I are so not movie people. I take the grandsons when they are here if there is anything on but that's about it. I prefer to wait until they show up on television movie channel! You write a very good review though!

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

I always enjoy your movie reviews. Unfortunately we have not seen one movie this summer at the theatre. My grandsons are bringing over the DVDs so we are getting our fix. Not sure I wanted to see WWZ after reading the book. Maybe I'll catch the DVD.

Corrine at sparkledaysstudio.com said...

Glad you like the zine......Red2 oh was looking forward to it...xox