Tuesday, August 27, 2013

PostCard Swap!!!!!!


I signed up for another round of PostCard Swapping over at June's blog, A Creative Dreamer .  This is the second swap and i have to say i've really enjoyed being a part of it.  It doesn't feel rushed... i don't feel stressed to get my postcard made in time....  and that's either because I'm on the ball and get my project done or June give's us plenty of time to get our act together... Knowing me i tend to think its the latter...lol! 

I just LOVE this color purple.......I had to show you the name of it. I wish the computer screen could do it justice. It almost seems to glow with its pink undertones....



I started with a piece of cereal box. I covered it with mod podge and after it dried i put a layer of gesso over it.  Remember those birds i made ? Well i had all those scrapbook papers with the bird cut out of it leftover so i thought i would try to do something cute with it....So after lining everything up and putting the purple where the purple needed to go...........


I laid the scrap book paper on top and glued it down. Viola!! A birdie! I had some cute little music note punches. Then i just worked on getting the bird painted and shaded the way i wanted. I love his little rosey colored tummy........


Then i wanted to pull some of the light purple up into the dark so i decided on swirls and dots. And i put highlights on his beak and eye.


Then i thought i'd try my hand at antiquing the edges.....I'm not sure if that was entirely successful but there you go!The poem on his tummy is one of my favorites. I had a little trouble fitting it all in there....I could have planned that out better..... Over all i like it! And soon it will be winging its way thru the mail. This postcard is rather large but then the bird cutouts were rather large and i so wanted to use them....Hugs! deb

8 comments:

Corrine at sparkledaysstudio.com said...

Sweet doodles on that even sweeter birdie! xox

Lynnie @ Vintage Gal Style said...

Isn't purple such a happy color? Love the doodles on your bird, so cute.

Hugs, Lynnie

CraftyViolet said...

Love it! Can't help but love a purple bird!

ACreativeDream June Crawford said...

Sometimes you just have to let it fall where it falls... I don't think I ever really put a great deal of effort into planning something out ahead of time, and yet, it always seems to fit in the space I work with. I think it turned out great!

Eileen Bergen said...

I LOVE it, Deb! You did great on the antiquing. It's just the perfect finishing touch.

You have a musical note punch? I'm jealous!

Micki said...

Wonderful postcard. And yes, you did a great job distressing the edges. Thanks so much for playing along in our Get Altered with eP challenge.

Tracy said...

Gorgeous postcard and I am loving the color along with the sentiment...it`s sure going to make someones day perfect!!
Thank you so much for joining in over at eclectic Paperie.
Wishing you a happy weekend.
Big hugs
Tracy
xoxox

Teresa Jaye said...

oh, that purple is amazing! What a perfectly wonderful piece of art to receive in the mail - this will really make someone's day! Thanks for sharing it with us at eclectic Paperie!