Wednesday, September 11, 2013

I'm Lovin' It!


Hubby not so much...........it may be his dream but the colors and such are just a little too weird for him. I knew it would be...... but for some reason i persist and then feel disappointed when he's not over the moon about it.....

Realism impresses him oh Lordy there doesn't seem to be a drop of realism in my blood... :) But i honestly love the artwork i've been turning out. And that is what truly matters. But theres a part of me that seeks out approval. I want him to be as excited about what i'm making as i'am and thats just unrealistic. I just have to get thicker skin. And believe it or not i'am getting tougher . There was a day if hubby didn't like it i would have stopped drawing ... stopped creating...  but now?  I do it anyway!Hugs! deb

5 comments:

CraftyViolet said...

Art is very different for every person so yes, do what you like because you are the artist. Joe doesn't always "get" my stuff either..some of my mixed media pieces he really likes, others not so much. Your colouring is excellent. I love the bright colours.

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

I just squeezed your hand!
I love your art. It can be whimsical sometimes and I like that. I love your bold and bright colors. I guess you'll just have to be happy with the approval of all the rest of us ~lol~
xx, Carol

Corrine at sparkledaysstudio.com said...

Oh it's so you! Love it. xox

Eileen Bergen said...

When this page loaded, my mouth dropped open. Wow, Deb, I love the wild colors!

The most I ever get from my hubby is, "that's nice." You have plenty of company, I think. To each his own.

Deb said...

Hi Deb - Yes, the veggies are all cooked before placing in the casserole dish. You really just want to melt the cheese and heat it through for approx. 25 min. at 375. Hope you enjoy it.
Your art is beautiful. Deb