Thursday, September 5, 2013

There's a Story............

...........behind this hand........this is hubby's hand..........i chose to base the theme on a reoccurring dream he has had for as long as i've known him......pushing 30 years.... That's a long time to have the same dream........

The dream is simple enough......... Purple octopuses attack his school....  I'm hoping you can see the octopus in this sketch and the bricks stand for his school.... 

Hubby always, always plays the narrator in his dreams...... do you do that?..... Isn't that weird?  Anyway i'm about halfway thru coloring this one and i really like it. Show you soon! Hugs! deb

PS. You can click on the image to enlarge it!

6 comments:

CraftyViolet said...

Interesting dream. I did a quick Internet search to see if anything came up and it did. Check out the meaning and see if it makes sense to you...or him.
Nice sketching once again!

gamma3 said...

it is a great way to support you guy. i know he thinks of his gal that way too. great idea.

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Thanks Crafty Violet...now I hafta go hit Google~lol~.

I know the color will be great. I like where you found inspiration...ITS EVERYWHERE!!
xx, Carol

ACreativeDream June Crawford said...

Better than my reoccurring dream... I see my "dark side", she looks like me when I was 6 or 7 or so, is wearing a favorite purple dress that I had then, although it's tattered and torn and dirty, her hair stringy, stalking me in the shadows of my grandmother's upstairs, with a great big old knife no less... I've had that dream from time to time since I can barely remember. Still causes me to wake with a scream from time to time.

Corrine at sparkledaysstudio.com said...

Sketch is just great all those tentacles - purple octopuses, well who knew? xox

Eileen Bergen said...

That sounds like a disturbing dream. I love how you've turned it into art that's not disturbing at all.

I have very mundane recurring dreams like not being able to get somewhere on time. I'm packing and straightening and packing and ... in a recurring loop. Sorta like Bill Murry in Ground Hog Day.

Then there's that other one. I'm in grade school and we're on the playground. I'm twirling around so my skirt swirls out ... but I have no undies on!