Monday, September 16, 2013

Weekend Shenanigans......


This past weekend hubs had a company luncheon to attend and being the crafter that i'am ... :) ... I had him drop me off at Michaels while he went to the buffet.  Then there was the HalfPrice Book store around the corner... Oh My!...  Yes i was a happy camper...


Then we looked around for something to do. We are not often in Fremont... I think this is my second time in this town. What we found was Shinn Park and Arboretum. The link will
tell you more than i ever could. But it was beautiful and so nice walking around arm in arm with hubs. We've been what you might call slightly hibernating this summer away from the heat. But with the high about 80 degrees its time to come out and play. 
Now when i first saw this tree i was like OMG is that a Magnolia Tree?  I've never seen one so large! It has the same waxy green leaves but.................

No.......... but my goodness it was huge and unbelievably beautiful!The stories it could share...... 133 years old!



Next stop was Central Park of Fremont. I was hoping i could find a website with better pictures than i took but a Yelp review was the best i could do. Canadian Geese everywhere! I was in seventh heaven!! I just love them!


I twisted hubby's arm just a little and we walked the 2 mile path around the entire lake. You know once he gets out there he has a great time.  He's such a people person. He talks to people and pets their dogs and helped some ladies take down a canopy they were having trouble with.... asked some fishermen if they caught anything and we got into a conversation on fishing in CA.  An old man was fishing with a loooong cane pole with no reel. Then we saw some fishing poles that were bent over with a spring that if a fish hits the line the pole flips up setting the hook! I need me one of those! I have such trouble being fast enough to set the hook.

Then this man was just sitting there enjoying the day feeding the birds......geese...pigeons...mallard ducks...sea gulls..... Just a good day.... What did you do? Hugs! deb

3 comments:

Sandy said...

Beautiful pictures and I love the colors you use in your art!
sandy

CraftyViolet said...

Beautiful photos and the tree is amazing! Glad you had such a good time. I was at Niagara Falls with hubby and grandson. I'm sure you will read all about it on my blog.

Lori said...

What a pretty place! I love that tree :D