Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Halloween Has Arrived.......


..........around here! When in TX i used to get a bale of hay
or two to sit my pumpkins and skeletons on but this year an empty flower pot will have to do( I told hubby last night it kinda looks like he's sitting on the toilet...no seriously...ha! At least i made him smile! )......Just last night we were at a grocery store that was consolidating and rearranging their Halloween display and we asked them if the cornstalks were for sale...no...but we'll let you have them for $3...SOLD!! You'd be surprised how difficult it is to find dried cornstalks for decorating! Wish i knew somebody who had a farm this time of year...


This is our newest addition to the Halloween decorations this year. The eyes glow at night.... The tombstones are made of styrofoam and even with a stake they have a hard time staying upright...but a few strategically places stones helped alot... theres a few spiders and webbing that came with the kit but i'm waiting til closer to Halloween to put them out . Otherwise they would never survive the elements for two more weeks......

This guy is probably my favorite addition this year......He is motion activated and when someone walks in front of him he says 'Hey! Where do you think your going?! Get back here ' and then laughs evilly Bwaaahhhaaah.... I'll bet i get a few jumps out of that!!! I just love Halloween! Wish i had the $$ to go all out but this will have to do...Next year i hope to add a really big , cool spider web.....I already have the spiders......I hope your having a wonderful Fall  and a Spooky Halloween! Don't forget about the Giveawaaayyy...  that ends this coming Friday morning over coffee!You must leave a comment on the Giveawaaay post to be included and you must be a follower and let me know your address within 48 hours of notification! Bwaaahhhaaaa!!!! Ahem...okay....*cough,cough*...I'm okay...no really...  Hey Halloween only comes around once a year! Big Hugs!!! deb

*****Maggie i wanted to remind you that you need to be a *follower* to be in the Giveaway!!! You have until my first cup of java on Friday to sign up!!! Hugs!

4 comments:

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

I love your decorations. I have been so busy indoors that I haven't put any effort into decorating outside. The weather is unseasonably cool right now. About 10 degrees below normal and s*** in the forecast for the weekend. CRAP! I'm sure we'll get the pumpkins out this weekend though. Hopefully the squirrels won't eat them before the trick or treaters arrive!

CraftyViolet said...

Love your decorations but you are right, he does look like he's sitting on toilet which I find very funny!

Corrine at sparkledaysstudio.com said...

Great skelly's - no hay bales where you are? xox

Eileen Bergen said...

The skeleton really does look like he's sitting on the toilet. You should paint that pot white - seriously!

You decorations are great. Wish I could come to your house trick or treating ;-)