Thursday, October 3, 2013

There Hasn't Been.............




.............a whole lot of art going on around here! :) And for those of you who come by to see some artwork now and then i do apologize......Theres been lots of kittens and flowers and such....i guess such is my life at the moment......BUT there has been some crafty stuff going on.....I love crackle.....have i mentioned that i LOVE crackle??? LOL! Really... i can see it now.... I would crackle every available surface in my house............ I just love the 'magic' of watching those little cracks appear without much effort at all.......



I have always been a big reader.... from childhood on....So i'am a big fan of Words........These Words will not stay on this shelf. See that archway that goes up and separates the living room and kitchen?? Well across the top of that archway i'am going to cover it with words.......different sizes .....different treatments and colors. I'm mostly sticking with this teal blue color and black and copper....But i didn't want to hide these words up in my craft room while i got the others finished so i stuck them on this shelf for the time being........

Jinx had a photo shoot the other day.....what he's really saying  is 'Oh PLEASE woman i'm napping' :) I wanted to show you the red in his fur that shows up in the sun. Isn't he gorgeous? And yes he knows it! I hope your having a beautiful fall day. Temps here are 73 today...50's at night.......absolutely perfect in my book! I'm off to put my Halloween decorations up  today! WooHoo!!! Do you decorate..? Do you get trick or treaters? I've always lived in the country ....... little to no trick or treaters out there so i'm super excited! Only my pocketbook stops me from turning the house into a haunted house!! LOL! I'm sure the neighbors are happy about that!! Hugs! deb

3 comments:

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

I used to deck the house out for every holiday when my daughter was small and then for my grandkids. I've gotten away from it, but I've been thinking I should do it this year. We'll see.

Corrine at sparkledaysstudio.com said...

Enjoy your decorating. Jinx looks positively glorious with his hints of red, must the be cali sun. xox

Eileen Bergen said...

I love your word art signs, Deb.

I siad a littlee "wow" to myself when the new header popped up on your blog page.

You did an excellent job with the crackle finish. I've really bitched a few, so I know it can be a bit tricky.