Thursday, October 24, 2013

Where did my Mojo go?????

.............have you ever lost your Mojo???   I don't know what it is......I LOVE the Fall.......seriously LOVE it...... but i've been restless lately........ ever feel that way?  I finished this drawing about a week ago and i have yet to start another or do anything remotely crafty.......i just feel blah..........  i fiddle around in my craft room waiting for inspiration to strike and ......... nothing.....  

I know these moods come and go.......  i like to blame it on the fact my sign is Cancer and i'am moody and ruled by the moon..... Gotta blame it on something...lol.... But really its just the ebb and flow of life.... I'm generally an upbeat, happy person......glass is half full kind of person......  takes alot for my spirit to sag low......

I think where i falter is i try to fight it and wander around and say things like 'Whats WRONG with me!'  I know eventually it will dawn on me whats wrong and then i give myself 'permission' to just have an 'off' day....... a day of not cooking or cleaning or crafting or surfing  or doing any of the things i KNOW i should be doing ........  just a day of feeling blah......not questioning it, not trying to change it......... just be......... maybe curl up with a book..... write in a journal......eat some chocolate..... and then the mood will pass........

like a ghost on the wind and it will be quite some time before i feel that way again.....long enough that i forget that feeling and have to remember all over again......  

So.........if you've seen my Mojo please send her home to me... i have alot to do.......... :) Meanwhile i'm going to sit here ...in my mood.....  and just .... BE.....  Hugs! deb

6 comments:

Claudine Criner said...

I love your drawing, it's wonderful. I know what you mean about your mojo, sometimes mine just gets up and goes too.

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

O Silly! Your Mojo didn't go anywhere! Its there taking a rest hoping to enjoy a good movie or book with you. Get an extra piece of chocolate for her!!
xx, Carol

CraftyViolet said...

I love this drawing. Have you ever thought of doing illustrations for a children's book? I think you would do a great job.
I think all us "crafters" and "artists" lose our muse once in awhile. Our brains need some down time. I never worry about it but then I don't worry about anything!! That's when I curl up with a book, go for long walks or visit friends. Enjoy your down time instead of fussy about it!

Corrine at sparkledaysstudio.com said...

Sometimes the cup is just empty and you need to take a break to fill it up. I find that happens to me too. xox

Eileen Bergen said...

Wise decision, Deb. Just take a break and let it pass.

Is that a piranha or just a fantasy fish? He's freaky cool - if that makes sense - kind of scary looking but fascinating.

Halle said...

I totally understand when your mojo gets lost. It's so frustrating. For me it seems the more I push to find it...the deeper into hiding it goes.

Love your drawings!!!