Monday, November 4, 2013

Lets Face It..........





.............follow thru is not one of my strong points....... lol...... but i DID see this little project thru.........What started as a pencil drawing (above) became............

.........a painting on a 5x7 canvas board......where i tried my best to blend all the colors with light in the right places as well as dark.....with a little blending medium (newly acquired ) i think i was successful ........Its not as BRIGHT as the pencil drawing....thats something i'll have to work on........could be its my color choices i used Laguna Blue as the base , which is what you see in the back ground  then Navy Blue for the dark and Sunny Yellow for the light....maybe my yellow was too pale......?? 


 ...............Then i sketched in all my lines with my Pitt Pen. Which by the way went over the paint like a dream..... I love how it turned out . It really went a long way in boosting my self confidence that 'YES! I CAN do this'. It also taught me patience.......to slow down and blend and don't use too much paint.......this was really a good exercise and i WILL pursue my idea of painting a large canvas.....say 16x20 in this style for my beachy bedroom.........Well now that you know what i did with my weekend what did you do with yours??? Hugs! deb

**** You CAN click on the pics and enlarge them. Take a look at that last one ..its the finished piece.....  :)

4 comments:

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Love how this turned out. I didn't do nuthin this weekend. Terry had a bad bout with his RA so I encouraged him to relax which he won't do if I don't. I didn't even read the blogs which I am trying to catch up on today.
Have a great week!
xx, Carol

CraftyViolet said...

You did great. I love it and yes I can see it as a larger painting hanging in a beachy bedroom too.

Eden said...

I think the acrylic looks really good. Good for you to stretch your comfort zone :D

Niki Garcia said...

I LOVE this painting Deb! It is absolutely stunning!!!