Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Looks Like...........



.............I've fallen back into posting once a week again ........ that happens when there's not a lot going on...... It doesn't mean i've been idle.. :) I've been working on another piece of ceramic hubby and i poured a few years ago. A creepy tree with great texture. I'm attempting to dry brush it but i'm no professional at that ....... Its coming along nicely but dry brushing takes such a long time...... we'll see if my patience holds......Can you see the ghost? I noticed he's kinda faded out in the picture.....I'm going to put pearlescent paint on him before i'm done.......



...........and then we have more words........ I'm not sure if i told you but my kitchen colors are going to be turquoise, ( or as close to that shade of blue as i can manage) copper and black or dark brown... So you remember the previous words that were crackled turquoise and dark brown?  Well these will be shiny copper base coat with an antique copper top coat crackled......

I have the base coat and now i must wait......... wouldn't you know it... after months and months of no rain now we have three days of it! Which brings high humidity and that is not good crackle weather, so i've decided to hold off...... maybe this weekend i'll crackle..... 

There are more projects i'm working on and some i have completed... but you  know its that time of year and some are for presents, so i have to be a little sneaky here...... :) As i can though i will show you.  

Meanwhile its so nice to have cloudy , dreary skies overhead.... that may sound odd but perpetual blue skies can be boring too.  No big storms here or torrential downpours ......just misty rain or a slow , steady rain....... but we'll take it.... it washes everything off, making everything fresh and new after months and months of dry and dusty..... The rain comes in waves off the ocean..... i'm going to try to sneak in a walk between waves..... Hugs! deb

3 comments:

CraftyViolet said...

I love your spooky tree and yes, I saw the ghost. I didn't know you poured your own ceramics too - you are definitely a multi-crafter. I've been trying to find someone with a mold of Elvis. I made one years ago for my daughter and she had friends staying with her who owned a cat and it climbed up on the shelf and knocked Elvis down. So far I haven't found one but I keep looking.

Glad to hear you finally got some rain!

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

I used to paint ceramics years ago. All the studios in my area seem to be gone now. I loved to dry brush. I always have enjoyed tedious work that others find annoying.

I really like your tree. He's a good focal for a cool layout too. Now, on to the TURKEYS!!

Eileen Bergen said...

I don't think you've shown us yur ceramic art before. Where do you talents end, girlfriend?!

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours!