Monday, December 30, 2013

A Stroll Through.......



......my Idea Book!.........I always have a lot of pans on the fire.  Always lots of drawing going on , fiddling around, seeing if there's anything i want to pursue beyond the 'idea' stage. 


.........this little guy has been hanging around for awhile in the sketch book. I finally decided to color him all metallic.Hubby calls him Bug on a Wall. lol He started out as a triangle and just kinda 'morphed' from there. I see him more as a 3- D image...maybe clay with curled wires at the bottom. A brooch maybe? Or maybe he'll just continue to live as an 'idea'. 


............this one was interesting........starting out, whats at the bottom was at the top , then i drew the leaves and turned it the way it is now..........I really hate the purple flower ...... love the crow, you might see him again some time.......now the fish.....if you scroll down further you can see i fell head over heels for the fish......


...............i absolutely love the fish. In fact this idea will, WILL 'morph' into a painting.......i flirted with the idea of making a template for the fish , since there were so many . But after making many, many MANY fish i noticed something......even though i sketched them all the same way, they each ended up with their own little personalities.... each one ended up just a little different than the one before...........

.........and i like that.........If you click on the images i think they will come up larger for you..... Next post i plan on showing you step by step how i sketched the fish........ They are so simple you won't believe it. Can you see the different personalities in the fish....... or have i been looking at these fish waaaaay too long?! lol  I hope each and every one of you have a terrific New Year.  I just love it when you stop by for a visit.  I treasure all the encouragement and friendship you've given me.See you on the other side! Hugs! deb

8 comments:

Eileen Bergen said...

You give new meaning to the term "fish eyes", Deb. I like the bug on a wall - very sci-fi. And call me crazy but, I aslo like the purple anemone.

Happy New Year!

CraftyViolet said...

You are quite the artist! Love your work. I still think you should put yourself out there as an illustrator for children's books - or maybe a fabric designer? Anyway, love your fish and the giant bug - I actually saw a sci-fi jellyfish at first.

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

First I saw your banner and was going to tell you how much I LOVE it. Then I read on and found the post was about that piece of art. I enjoyed reading your thoughts on those fish eyes. Interesting how your creative process lead you to a challenge of how to further use the design.
xx, Carol

Introverted Art said...

Wishing a very happy new year. Not letting the laziness stop me. started hot yoga. made 2 in 3 days!!!

Corrine at sparkledaysstudio.com said...

Marvelous idea- your idea book - love these fish.......eyeballs.....fish...xox

Kim Andersen said...

awesome doodling - makes me want to do some :)

Dianne said...

found you thru Elizabeth at Altered Book Lover...beautiful pages!

Julie said...

I love the bug on the wall. The background is really great too!