Monday, December 2, 2013

Birthdays...........



 

..........come and go and now that a few have past i can share! I have such a hard time keeping a secret.... are you like that?  Aaaarggghhh!  It just eats away at me and if i'm lucky i'll make it to the blessed event, whatever it might be or sometimes i'll just cave and that special person will get it early..... The one above was actually late...... I blame it on my Muse (she's good for it) ..... she decided to take an impromptu vacation just when i needed her most..... i was not aMUSEd........ but thankfully the recipient of my second EVER Enchanted Forest Tree is so patient and forgiving and kind and , and ,and...  :) The blue tree made it all the way to Texas in one piece.... Whew! 




............ and then another birthday rose up from the depths of the calender and i found myself in the realm of jewelry making...... which i have not done for awhile.... and it was so much fun! I put together the above gift boxes....... If you frequent Trader Joe's you may have seen these mint containers...  Well with that clear window on top they were perfect for a little remake. I just printed out a copy of one of my pieces of art and cut it to fit the window and attached it with a little dab of clear glue in each corner . The tin came in that lovely shade of green.  Now can you tell me what piece of artwork i used in the window??? :)



..........all these earrings have one thing in common........ they are dangly but have a post and not a hook that goes in the ear.... So , so many dangly earrings just have hooks and my recipient has rather large holes in here ears(from where they've torn) and hates the hooks. The post will hide the size of the hole a little bit. 


.......so i decided i would make her a stash of earrings to wear. There is Carnelian stone in there and Moonstone and glass..... 


This one is probably my favorite and i may have to make myself a pair....... :)  I had a really hard time getting the circles round. I did my best but i can see i need to pull out the ol' jewelry pliers a little more often. :)  

This recipient was gracious enough to receive her gifts a little early. I just   could   not    wait   another   second !!  

I have so much more to share with you....... so for now my drought of things to write about has come to an end and the blog shall be overflowing .....ahem.......... sorry got a little carried away there .... what i'm trying to say is i have more stuff to tell you and show you and , and, and.......... oh! Just come back k? Hugs! deb










5 comments:

CraftyViolet said...

Love your two seed trees. They look amazing. Those are nice gift tins as well and yes, I agree, painting the glass part really makes them special. Well done, once again.

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

The tins are an excellent way to recycle AND gift.

I wonder if the holidays nudge our Muse into action. I have been thinking (mentally designing) a gift for my grandson's girlfriend. It involves a bit of recycling and embellishing and an elephant. We'll see..

Corrine at sparkledaysstudio.com said...

Sweet gifts. Love those seed pod trees. xox

Michelle Reuss-Remy said...

What lovely and unique gifts you've made! I make earrings each Christmas for my sisters-in-law and I have never thought of making a little artful box to house my gifts...very inspiring!

PS...Thanks for visiting my blog!
Michelle from
Lost Coast Post

gamma3 said...

miss debra, i have always loved your pod tree and i must tell you a secret. i knew you had an extra one or two cones. i always hoped i would get one. and i did. thank you for the gift. i treasure all you give, not just to me but to all who get to enjoy your talents. there are many and we are the lucky ones.