Thursday, December 26, 2013

Its a Little Late...........

 ..............for a Christmas tutorial but i figure if its still before New Year's then its okay........ Not all my 'projects' work out. (Like i'm telling you something you don't already know ) The idea looks real good in my head but for whatever reason doesn't translate well in reality.......sigh.... So when i 'm happy with something , I just gotta share........ I was digging thru a Sale bin at Hobby Lobby that had a whole bunch of cabinet knobs.......and when i saw this one it just HIT me!( Kinda like those Magnolia Seed Trees) Those rocks glued on there to me were just horrid! But now that antique silver look i can work with!

..........so i disassembled.......I thought i would have to cut off the threads but nope......with a little muscle it unscrewed. Those rocks popped right off with a little twist of the pliers. They popped everywhere........I'll be finding them for years..... Now remember those other parts..........if it works out you'll be seeing them again...waste not want not.......


........I bought a little package of screw eyes at the hardware store and glued one in place where the threads were to give me a nice loop to hang off of. Then i found these gorgeous little gems at Michaels i think. I would have liked them all one size but didn't see any.  But now that they are glued on i like the size variation....

AND ........ it turned out just like the picture in my head! Five more to go! So, when your looking thru all that clearance merchandise keep an open mind. What might look like trash you can certainly turn it into something treasured......... Hugs! deb

6 comments:

Lori said...

those are cute!

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Very cool little bauble! I like the rhinestone look much better too.
Happy New Year.

Corrine at sparkledaysstudio.com said...

Cute idea....your embellishments are a much better choices than those "rocks" xox

CraftyViolet said...

yours is so much better than the original. Doesn't make you wonder sometimes what in the world the designer was thinking?? Great Job.

Eden said...

Deb I love those stones!! What a pretty ornament!!

Eileen Bergen said...

Wow, you really nailed this idea, Deb! very pretty. How big are they? You said cabinet knobs, so I'm guessing too big for a pendant.