Friday, December 6, 2013

I've Been ................

..............puzzling again........... Isn't this an awesome fantasy puzzle?!  I wish it would have listed the artist somewhere on there but it didn't . Does anyone know?  Something about this time of year brings out the 'puzzler' in me. :)  

Christmas has been dug out of boxes and crates and Tupperware containers and it is slowly coming together...... Christmas decorating is not a fast process around here...... I start the weekend after Thanksgiving and i guess it takes me about a week.. But i savor the process. Its not about hurry up and get it done... Its turning on the Christmas music and deciding what goes where.  Unwrapping decorations is like unwrapping old friends....'Oh i remember you!'  Each item has been chosen carefully over the years.  

The one thing i cannot decide on is a theme for my Christmas tree. I don't see myself practicing the idea but i do see the allure of having more than one tree.... So many beautiful ideas out there, how to decide!?  So my tree always seem to be in transition from one idea to the next....... Now i'm headed toward owls and antique clocks and red cardinals and keys..... 

The tree may change but somethings have been around for decades.....But i'll save that for another post 

They are predicting........SNOW ........here !!! They say up to an inch over tonight into tomorrow....... I'm in 'I'll believe it when i see it mode'.... so we'll see.... But it is cold here. Colder than all of last year.......What i wouldn't give to see a little snow........ So cross your fingers and if you have an over abundance of snow where your at send it my way....... Stay warm! Hugs! deb

5 comments:

CraftyViolet said...

I hope you get your snow and you enjoy it. We pretty much dread it here!...too much of a good thing I guess. Although it's been very warm here so no snow for us but London is about an hour and half from here and they got over 2 feet all at once a couple of weeks ago. Like I said, too much of a good thing!

Corrine at sparkledaysstudio.com said...

Great puzzle, don't know how you have the patience, oh, yes I do, that is how you doodle so well. xox

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

I'll send you our snow...hope it makes it cross country ~lol~

I never have a theme tree except eclectic..just like me!! Go for as many trees as you want. I used to put one in every room when the kids were little.
xx, Carol

Eileen Bergen said...

At first I thought you had painted that puzzle, Deb. It's so similar to your style!

I think we'll drag out our tree today. Then decorate - bit by bit - as you do during the week. Ours is always traditional. Each year I add new handmade ornaments (to replace the ones we broke last year - lol.) We don't have many of the old thin blown glass ones left.

Also want to make cookies this week. That'll keep the house warm and toasty and smelling like Christmas:-D

gamma3 said...

sounds like we are on the same page. take out and savor the memories, all week long. i suggest to go down to the dollar store and buy a small tree. you have plenty of room and decorate another tree. we were part of the TEXAS ice storm and it is melting now.