Saturday, December 14, 2013

Jinxy Has Been..........



..............ahem..........helping........... lol! He was over there helping before i even got the bottom layer on the tree.  I have my fingers crossed ........... he's never really bothered the tree before but i haven't had a tree in two years with all the moving and settling in and he seems veeeeeery interested........ But since this picture was taken i have the tree all up and he's been a good boy. I put some unbreakable ornaments near the bottom in case he gets a wild hair ........

........but honestly this is where he is most content.....   I have afghans all over the two couches. Hubby's mother made them. She passed away last year....... and as soon as i put these out i could feel her close... I hope they bring hubby comfort too. Jinxy loves them... i think he missed them....... He knew exactly what to do with them...Zzzzzzz   

I'am finally done! All the decorating is done! I might share a few more pictures by Christmas.....My meager stash doesn't come close to decorating this big house but it looks nice and its enough for us.... We don't get many , if any , visitors so really its all for us.  Its especially nice at night with all the lights on.....  

Now  my thoughts turn to baking and making treats......... Microwave Peanut Brittle, Tigerbutter........ and i have a request for sugar cookies.......so much to do.....so glad this is only once a year and at the same time i'll be sad to see it go! :) Hugs! deb

4 comments:

Lori said...

Pixie hardly ever bothers our tree. Sometime she shows an interest in an ornament if she brushes against one going by, but that's it. Thank goodness. She's too heavy and would probably knock the tree over!

Corrine at sparkledaysstudio.com said...

Jinx looks like a great helper. That's why our small Christmas tree is up on a table. We would have such a helper in baby Peanut. xox

CraftyViolet said...

This is the first year I haven't put up a Christmas tree. I miss it and yet I don't. Joe set up the small, very old, ceramic one that is a classic. It was his mom's and it reminds us of her.

Introverted Art said...

I can see Jinxy is a good helper, adding his expertise on the decour ;-)