Monday, January 20, 2014

An Adventure!


..........a couple weeks ago Hubs and i took off really early in the morning for an adventure of epic proportions! :) What we accomplished in a 12 hour period is nothing short of amazing. :) It could have ended in a disaster that was narrowly adverted. But that comes later........Our day started driving in the dark toward the coast. Our intention was to spend an hour or so at Muir Beach again at low tide. You know the one with all the starfish and anemones....


.............but for whatever reason that beach was closed.......So we stopped at another beach we had our eye on from our last trip Stinson Beach.......... Absolutely gorgeous in the early morning light.... A few seagulls followed us as we strolled the shoreline. I don't see how their feet are not freezing off!! Brr..... It was a little chilly...... had my fleece jacket on but no wind so not bad.  


Hubby caught this cool picture of a rock....... kinda reminded me of lava rock............  See the white around the bottom......




This is a close up of that.......... I love the way its clear in one spot and then blurs out.........

We found a couple tidal pools but nothing like the life we found at Muir beach.  I think you can click on all the pics and they will enlarge.........  This beach didn't have alot of shells etc...... but what it did have was rocks rolling in the surf... I cannot believe we didn't grab a photo showing them........ All the rocks had perfect little round holes in them like Swiss cheese... I'll look a little more and see if i can find a picture.....  Some of the holes had seashells stuck in them and left you wondering how in the heck did those shells get in there........  Ducks were surfing the waves....... well under the waves...... You know how surfers will dive under the waves as they roll in well the ducks were doing the same thing... so funny to watch...

Something found us out there on the beach.............  floating on the wind was the mouthwatering smell of BACON and sausage and eggs....... and i think both our stomachs grumbled a the same time and we looked at each other and said 'Follow your Nose'!  So we followed that delicious smell to a little cafe just off the beach. (Thank goodness it wasn't somebody's house) Doesn't look like much on the outside but the inside is really sweet...... Painted canvases of beach scenes line the walls and a fireplace was crackling in the corner......... a slice of heaven to chilly, hungry people. :)  

And so begins our adventure...................... Hugs! deb

6 comments:

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Well, I can tell, this is going to be the start of a great story. I was raised on Lake Michigan. I wish I had paid more attention then of what I could find on the shore. All I looked for back then was boys ~lol~.

Karen Christensen said...

Sounds like the best morning! When I lived on the Oregon coast my favorite thing to do was explore the tide pools at low tide. You brought back good memories!

CraftyViolet said...

I would love to see the California coast one day! I can tell this is going to be a great story.

Corrine at sparkledaysstudio.com said...

Lve that rock, itlooked like petrified wood to me covered in bsrnacles...You are making us wait I see. xox

Country Girl said...

Sounds like a perfect day to me, complete with a crackling fire and good food to warm the soul.

Jeanne said...

Sounds like the two of you have some fun adventures.