Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Does the house seem ......

 ...........a little empty after all the decorations are put away.... sigh... 
It all comes down much faster than it all went up. 


...........but somehow at the same time its a good feeling..... putting all that Christmas away is like having a clean slate for the New Year.


..........the possibilities are endless............


.....my craftroom is busting at the seams with all the artistic possibilities in there........... alot of my goals for this year lie in that room.......

 ........... Someone mentioned to me that when they set their resolution goals for the year that they were usually about life in general (not her exact words) and not art...  I had to smile..... art makes up a good part of my life....... and i like that... i like that , that is where i'am right now......


Its a place in my life i have strived to be for what seems like a very long time....... I can immerse myself in my artsy/craftsy endeavors and see where it takes me..... even if its no where at all....



I apologize for the quality of these photos.  I was by a window but the day is overcast......... I wanted to show you how simple these fish are to draw. I hope you'll try one. And you can add your own flourishes from the basic shape. 

............and it all started from a circle................. Big Hugs! deb

5 comments:

Corrine at sparkledaysstudio.com said...

A simple circle into something wonderful you repeat to make a fascinating pattern...intention is a word I prefer over resolution...xox

Kim Andersen said...

what a fun creature you have created - I love all the color you're adding too

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

I'm always so glad when the holidays are over and decorations are back in the attic. Now, I'm looking forward for the weather to warm and I can be outside working in the yard.

I love your art. Maybe you should investigate how to get it before the public eye more.
xx, Carol

Introverted Art said...

Hey, thank you for your feedback. Some other artists also said 3 days was a bit too tight, so I updated to 7 days :)

Irene Rafael said...

It is always difficult to start from a blank page. Thank you for this inspiration, Deb. I have not drawn fish yet but this will prompt me. Thank you for visiting and for your comments. Wishing you a happy year of creating.