Tuesday, January 28, 2014

I Have Blog-hopped until.........

.........i broke my hopper..... I couldn't possibly hop another hop... AND i think i made it around to everyone! 500+ beautiful bloggers! Now you know how i spent my weekend and part of Monday.... But what great fun i had .....meeting new bloggy buddies from all over the world.  Some who have even signed on to be a follower (21 so far). Welcome everyone! 

And i musn't forget to give Vicki  over at 2 Bags Full a great big thank you for organizing the Grow Your Blog event. This was my first time joining such an event and she made it super easy and fun. 


Between the hiking trip i just HAD to tell you about and the blog hopping ART has been seriously missing around here...... Look what mysteriously flowed out of my pencil the other night......You should be able to click to enlarge the pics...A fairy!  Now, i say mysterious because of the simple fact..... ' i don't do people' . I never could do people...... and the jury may still be out on that.... some might say ' yep and you STILL can't do people' LOL! But honestly i like what i see when i look at that sketch up above and then....................


...............i had to ruin it by coloring her in........ i liked it better as a sketch........  ah well if i don't know how to draw people it stands to reason that i don't know how to shade in a face...... :)  her eyes are kinda wonky and if you look at them too long they make YOUR eyes start going wonky...... You can see her ears are different in the colored version ....... hubby says 'Her eyes are wonky'.... aaarrghhh I know! ..... hubby says ' And her ears look like shelves stuck to her head'....... aaarrrgghhh i know! The eyes i just couldn't seem to get right but the ears i did change.......  But for some reason.....between you and me i like the ears that look like shelves in the first picture....shhhhh.........  Thanks for stopping by....... Hugs! deb

11 comments:

Jeanne said...

Well your fairy is just adorable! Think you did a very good job. The GYB party has been so much fun, and i have also had alot of new people in my group. Anxious to get to know all of you. Hugs to you from Texas!

CraftyViolet said...

That is a lot of hopping!! I only have a few subscribers to my blog and yet according to my stats I have between 1,200 and 1,400 hits each month. I'm guilty for checking a lot of blogs but not subscribing to them too so I don't complain.

I think you now "do people"!

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

OK DEB!!!! KNOCK IT OFF!!
Put the colored fairy in front of you and close your eyes...go ahead..close them!! Now, think about coffee beans and how rich and wonderful they smell. Now, open your eyes and look, not stare at your ART. Your fairy is stunning..I ESPECIALLY like her eyes. If you ever did that half a face in the mirror switcheroo you know that no two sides of a face are equal. Practice makes shading! Oh, yea. The coffee bean thing..well it works for perfume so I thought you should give it a shot.

Congrats on your new followers.
xx, Carol

Izzybeads by Laney said...

You have read all the blogs!! blimey I still wading my way through them!!

Your fairy isn't as bad as you think. Have you thought about Manga style? My daughter got me into manga drawing check out some great videos on Youtube and on the web, you style could well be in that genre :) I do love pencils, mine drawings have gone from slow and painstaking reality to fun and whimsy, I much prefer fun and whimsy just like your fairy :) Laney x

Corrine at sparkledaysstudio.com said...

I know lots who did the Blog hop, too much for me. I already read 100+ regularly....faces, quite nice eyes, and they become your own, you draw from the inside for faces is my theory. xox

Donna Heber said...

Hi Carol,

I'm hopped out too! Glad to see your hubby had some comments too. It's nice to try new things and your fairy is cute!

Mascha said...

Oh yeah, it is a beautiful fairy, she looks at me out of another world...
(I cannot people too and I haven't still visiting all the famous blogs, it is an adventure for a very long time...)

ACreativeDream June Crawford said...

I have a challenge for you Deb... now that you listed all the things that are "wrong" with her... and I'd argue the lot of them...list as many good things about her...

Congrats on the successful hop and new followers!

Maria said...

Hi Deb, Don't listen to your hubby! What does he know anyway...lol. I think she is gorgeous. It's all about stretching, right? So you find yourself sketching a face--great! Now sketch many more, and you'll see that you can draw people after all. :)
xo

Mascha said...

I have nominated you for the Liebster Blog Award. Details can be found here:
http://maschas-buch.blogspot.de/2014/01/liebster-award.html
I hope you accept this award :)

Eileen The Artful Crafter said...

Your fairy is adorable. Fairies are whimsical creatures and the important thing is that they look attractive and wise.

Her ears are fine - Yoda ears. One thing that jumps out at me is that the brows are a bit close to the eyes and give her an angry look. fairies don't get angry - at least not in my imaginary fairyland ;-)