Monday, February 3, 2014

It Happened............



................ after 10 months of not a single drop it finally rained.........   Not alot.......... and not nearly enough .......... but rain....We still have 2 months left in our so called 'rainy season' so hopefully this will get the ball rolling.  We've had this big High Pressure system just parked over us for months. 

......sending all the rain CA normally gets this time of year up into Canada where it gets an extra shot of cold air then the jet stream brings it back down to the states along with a 'polar vortex'. Its a terrible set up. CA bone dry and east coast freezing...... Well thats your little weather up date for the week. lol.  Keep your fingers crossed that the wet stuff keeps coming! Hugs! deb

10 comments:

Betty W said...

I wish I could send you all the snow we have been having as rain. This is the first real winter we have had in years. Lots of snow.

Mascha said...

As long as no rain? - Ohhhhhhh!
I wish you and all the plants that there will be a lot more.
hugs

CraftyViolet said...

Yay, rain at last for you! Wish I could send you some of the snow we've been having in the form of rain. We are expecting another snow storm tomorrow and we sure don't need any more. Terrible winter here.

Corrine at sparkledaysstudio.com said...

I am sure lots of little flowers will pop for a day or two. xox Thanks for the mail, great hand.

Ellie said...

Oh how I wish I could send you some of the rain we have had here in Scotland. I think it's rained every day so far this year. Hopefully you will get more of the wet stuff :)

Victoria said...

Deb, wasn't it wonderful? We got a little rain, then a dusting of snow up here in the mountains. I hope that nasty ridge of high pressure never comes back!

Blessings,

Victoria

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

well, glad you got rain! Even if a little. Our weatherman said in a lead in "How will what happened in So. California today effect our weather tomorrow". I wanted to hear how, but Terry switched to Gunsmoke.
Hopefully he' ll tell me tonight!
xx, Carol

BTW: We have 4-7" of snow forecast to start tomorrow afternoon then an other cold front for the weekend. My SAD is kicking in big time.

gamma3 said...

I had ice pellets this morning on the car, and would you believe mist tonight. we have 18 months of water left, good luck sending your way. think rain. I love the little hint of orange or rust. looks nice.

Izzybeads by Laney said...

Yay for you and yay for me, I don't think we have had rain in the last hour!! What I wouldn't give for a high pressure day..a month would be better but I would settle for a day! Hope you get the rain you need, you can still have some of ours from the UK if you want :)

LBP said...

We haven't had a lot of rain or snow but it has been sooooo cold! Record breaking cold temps here in SW Virginia in the month of January. I am not liking this Polar Vortex!

Linda