Wednesday, February 5, 2014

MailArt Postcard Swap!!!

Sorry for the blurry photo...still trying to master new camera....


A new year and a new Swap!! June, the Creative Dreamer is hosting another MailArt Postcard Swap!!! This is one Swap i always feel comfortable joining because she gives you so much 'stinkin' time to get yours ready and in the mail. I mean no pressure what so ever....... and i'm all over that! You can check out all the info here . She even gives you Themes...... which i'm lovin' because sometimes i just have no idea where to start....... Now the Theme for the current Swap that you see pictured here is New Beginnings.... take something you have created and may not particularly like and turn it into something new on a postcard.......

Well June tells me i must be the only creative person on the planet that does not hold onto things like that. (If i don't like it honey..its gone!) So i took a different twist on it and still staying with 'New' ,  i tried a 'new to me' technique....Acrylic Paint and Rubbing Alcohol... Awhile ago i stumbled across this video that completely mesmerized me and i KNEW it was something i wanted to try one day......... I wish i had a 'step by step ' of making this card but this is right when my camera died (still mourning that camera) so all i have is the finished piece...... It was fascinating to make...... 

But man i'am SOooo not an abstract person ..........so i had to do something else to it to bring it back into whimzy a little bit...hence the foot prints!  i tried them in black first but they just disappeared into the background so i used white and i really like how it turned out.You should be able to click on it and bring it up large..... Now the truly exciting part of a Swap is that when  you send your 'baby' that you've created out into the big , wide world something wonderful comes back to you!

This is the beautiful Postcard i received from Snap over there at the Twisty Lane..... Isn't it beautiful...... if only i could do abstract that well..... I just LOVE horses! So fortunate this is the Year of the Horse....... even if i'am a Sheep...hubby's a Dog.... What are you?
Thank you so much Snap! You really brightened my day when i opened the mailbox and saw this wonderful piece of Art! I'll bet you made everyone smile all the way from TX to CA! Hugs! deb

8 comments:

Corrine at sparkledaysstudio.com said...

I like your abstract shapes, very amoeba like.....xox

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Great art. I love to see it, but I'm just not that into working with paper and paint.

I can never remember what Chinese year I was born into. I'm sure it was one of the ferocious ones....hopefully not the rat!~lol~

Love your tiny feet.
xx, Carol

CraftyViolet said...

I love your postcard. I checked out the video you linked - great technique.

I think I'm a pig - according to the Chinese. Jeesh. Not very glamorous or ferocious.

the east coast desi said...

I love what you've come up with...... those little feet are adorable. I'm glad I hopped over to your blog cause I need to see inspirational quotes like these every now and then.
Thank you for stopping by my blog and enjoy the rest of your day;)
Hugs,
Sruthi

Mascha said...

I like the blue!
It's a great idea with the postcard swap (never heared about it there in Germany before)... to find in the mailbox such a nice surprise - ohhhh :-)

Jeanne said...

Something like this looks so fun. Where do you have your postcards printed. Will check this out! Thanks also for stopping by my blog. Big hugs from Texas!

Snap said...

You are welcome. I have you up on my blog today, too! :)

Eileen The Artful Crafter said...

Snap, I love the horse. I's beautiful in itself and placed against that lovely background givs it mythcal look to me. Do you show how you did it on oyr blog? I'll go check.

Deb, what a great experminet. Can you explain the technique? I see a lot of possibilities. You were right to add something on top. It lacks meaning otherwise.

I had no idea of my CHinese zodiac sign. Turns out I'm a wood rooster - "the preening peacock of the Chinese zodiac". That is so NOT me. lol.