Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Movie and Book Reviews..............

I just realized its been quite awhile since i've given you my opinion on anything book or movie related and i KNOW you must be dying to know what i think......... lol

And i thought i would let you look at some lovely MailArt i've received recently. Above is from June over there at Creative Dreamer as part of her Postcard swap. Isn't it purrrty?! 

I have had my nose in a trio of books by Dean R Koontz. SCARY books.....!!! Mr. Koontz writes under several monikers but it seems the ones under Dean R Koontz i enjoy the most. The three books are
'The Servants of Twilight'
'Darkfall'
'Phantoms' 
That is the order i read them and each one was better than the one before....... Be prepared to snuggle a little deeper under the covers as you read these! Eyeing all the dark corners of your bedroom.......Bwaaahahhaaa......  Now i've changed gears and picked up a classic . I try to read at least one classic a year. Right now its Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen. I might have read it in school.........if i did i don't remember..... I'am a few chapters in  and i must say .....as of now i prefer the movie...lol.. the one with Keira Knightley......

This is a lovely card and ATC i received from Eileen over there at The Artful Crafter. When taking a break from 'Helping Crafters to be' she will send me something fabulous in the mail. Her attention to detail is just incredible.  Always so professional looking! I just love opening my mailbox and seeing something from her! 

Hubby and i have been kind of in a funk about going to the movies.... just not much to make us want to go.  Theres been alot of  .........'yeah i'd like to see that'........  but not much of 'Oh! I GOTTA see that!!'  If you know what i mean......Trying to remember what the last movie i told you about was.... i need to keep better records...... :)   How about 'Gravity' with Sandra Bullock...... LOVED it! If you get a chance to see it on the big screen DO IT!  I'm not sure if its still around though..... I think its much better on the big screen than it will be on TV.  The only thing hubby and i missed with this movie was 'Where are the Aliens?' LOL! Yes.... we do watch too much scifi! :)

Monuments Men...... LOVED it! Great story.  I noticed most of the people in the theatre were my age or older.....so that may be who it will appeal to.... but its definitely worth a look see.....

Three Days to Kill...... with Kevin Costner..... seems like Kevin Costner has more haters out there than people who love his movies but i'am on of them...... Was this his best film.......no....was it good ...yes.... I like his epic movies the best..... you know the ones that are like three hours long.....lol.... I LOVED 'Dances with Wolves', 'The Postman', and 'Waterworld'........ but the critics not so much... He did good in this film. i enjoyed the interaction between him and his daughter... If you don't go to the movies to see this , then at least rent it.....

Well thats it..........I have several i would like to see........ they just didn't grab me to drag myself to the movie theatre..... but i will see when they come out on video....... 'Saving Mr. Banks' and 'Jack Ryan Shadow Recruit' and 'I Frankenstein' and 'Frozen' and 'Pompeii' . Feel free to chime in...... and if you seen any of these here on my wish list i'd love to know what you thought of them...... 

Getting ready for 4 days of rain here in CA! Woohoo....... Hard to believe they are predicting only about an inch of rain. But really it never really RAINS here .....its more of a mist..... not the torrential downpours/thunderstorms we used to get in TX....But no matter we'll take it..... Gonna go lay down some fertilizer in the yard so the rain can water it in..... Take care! Hugs! deb  

3 comments:

CraftyViolet said...

I'm afraid we differ on our taste of books and movies - I'm not a scifi fan at all. Hubby and I seldom go to the movies. We want the "Gotta See it" type too. His favorite movies of all times is likely Dancing with Wolves and Titanic.

Hope you get the rain you need.

Mascha said...

The film "Monuments Men" was partly filmed in the region where I live, in Harz-mountain and in our town Wernigerode. George Clooney and the whole crew were here in town, they ate in the restaurant, which I also like...
Have nice rainy days, hugs

(I like fog, but it is rare by us)

Thistle Cove Farm said...

Costner is a fine actor but like some of his more/less than others. Doesn't detract from his acting though. Haven't heard of his latest but did see the Jack Ryan movie last month, he was good in that.
Lovely postcards!