Thursday, February 20, 2014

Multitasking..........

and prioritizing.......... I just work better if i have multiple 'balls in the air'......lol.... I apologize for the slightly fuzzy picture..... again trying to master hubbys camera.... how i miss my little Kodak Easy Share........ but i will make this work at least until i find another little camera i love..... Here you are looking at my Yogurt Cup project (what is it going to be???? ) and that ball is part of the project that has all those petals i took apart( I thought the ball was paper mache ..um no....had to use a drill to get that hole...) AND i try to use my left over paint that i've mixed up on postcard material.....waste not want not.... or something like that....... :)  

I used to fight my urge to have multiple projects going at once thinking that if i just concentrate on one i would get more done....... Nope....... doesn't work out that way and i end up just frustrated...... So here lately i've just been going with the flow........ 

Prioritizing....... there's been a change up there too......... The way i've always prioritized my day was ...no artsy things could happen unless the house was clean and picked up......... for those of you already rolling your eyes you KNOW how that works out..... there's basically little to no time to play...... So here lately I've switched it up some and now i play first......CRAZY i know..... but honestly it somehow makes me more energetic and motivated the rest of the day...... who knew?! And  i've been getting more things done thru out the day........ both artsy and keeping up with the housework.... 
Maybe it fits in there with the idea that in order to care of everyone and everything else you have to take care of yourself first.....Why
do i find that notion so difficult to accept?...... 

Hang in there i'm sure to have some finished projects to show soon! Knock on wood!!! Hugs! deb 

7 comments:

Jeanne said...

Hard to find that perfect balance between fun and work, but I have found as i have gotten older that the fun really takes higher and higher priority. Multitasking is great.

Corrine at sparkledaysstudio.com said...

Rolling my eyes as I look up at the cobwebs....xox

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

It comes with getting older...It's seems easier to pick my pleasures!
xx, Carol

Lori said...

With my job - I have no choice but to put off the fun stuff LOL! It does make me work efficiently, though, so I get done quickly.

CraftyViolet said...

Oh yes, artsy stuff comes first with me too...although I have it pretty easy as hubby does most of the housework...but I do ALL the cooking.

I always have several projects on the go. Some mornings hubby looks at me and says "So, what hat are you wearing today?". Doing the same art project every day would be too much like eating the same food every meal.

Can't wait to see what you are up to with those containers!

Eileen The Artful Crafter said...

That's wonderful, Deb - take care of yourself first. I'm learning the same thing. Why does it take some of us so long to learn this?

Like you, I find myself more productive, more inspired and just basically happier!

Lady Lilith said...

I cannot wait to see your finished projects. Sounds like you got a lot going on.