Saturday, February 15, 2014

Take Your Wife To Work Day............


One day a week for the last month or so has been ' Take Your Wife To Work Day!'  Like most work places today its all about doing MORE with less ........less employees less supplies.... just squeeze blood from a turnip if you know what i mean...... well you see this stresses my hubby out........ i don't like it when my hubby is nothing but a stress ball....... So i decided to devote one day a week to helping hubby at his work..... just little stuff..... the stuff that niggles at the back of your mind......that you know you have to get done but there are more important things so the little things get put on the back burner and then build up and come back to bite you in the *ss... if you know what i mean...........lol.........

So i get my little fanny up at O' dark thirty.... (think 4am) bid Jinx adieu for the day and off we go on a wild 40 mile commute with wall to wall traffic.....yes even at 4am......nuts........  




I tell hubby to have something planned for me....... anything..... I've done filing and computer input...... he has a huge board on his wall where he keeps track of all his 300+ vehicles and i check it for accuracy and up date it...... shoot i've even just cleaned his office...wipe everything down..... 


I think when it comes down to it.......we just enjoy spending that time together..... sure i can take a little work off his shoulders but really we just enjoy each others company..... he introduces me to people......  i get him to take a break and step away from the desk for lunch......... i think its just a day where i help him BREATHE...

 And if there are days where he just doesn't have anything for me to do then i take myself for a little walk around that gorgeous place. Palm trees.....grape vineyards ....turkey ....deer... just lovely...

This past week i did some filing but i also managed to turn this(above)



Into THIS!  All of his vehicles need to have emergency kits. And let me tell you that little strip of velcro on the bottom in the first picture was a stroke of genius! It stops the box from rolling around in the back of your trunk! 
........And i always bring along a little something, something to work on if there is any down time...... I finally got all these cabinet knobs transformed into Christmas decor!  Hope you have a fabulous weekend!!! Hugs! deb

PS... and if your wondering if i get paid ?..... oh yes indeedy! In craft supplies please! LOL! 

6 comments:

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Well, you never know what will lead to what. Still, its a great thing for you to do for him. I always wanted to do that for Terry, but his regional manager would not allow it. Go figure.

Still, its nice for you to get out with a purpose.
xx, Carol

Corrine at sparkledaysstudio.com said...

Sounds like a good deal to me and a day that you get to spend with him extra. xox

CraftyViolet said...

Nice to hear when married couples actually enjoy being together. Hubby and I are the same way. Heavy traffic at 4:00a.m.? Incredible.

Eileen The Artful Crafter said...

That is so sweet, Deb. How long have you guys been married? The magic is still there.

I will be using that genious Velcro strip idea. Awesome.

I love your Christmas baubles. have you (or will you) share how you did them? Pretty please ;-)

gamma3 said...

after 40 years together, my husband and I are not as in touch with each other as we would like. reading your adventures, inspires me to try even harder to bring us closer together. it is a true blessing what you and alvin have. you probably don't realize it but, you just made some of your bloggers do some much needed happy thinking.

Eugenia Maru http://lulurulitos.blogspot.com said...

Muy entretenido tu post. Pintas precioso.
Saludos desde Chile
Maru