Saturday, February 8, 2014

Winter in Central Valley California.........

 .............is a little different than i'm used to... LOL! To say the least....  even coming from TX, where it is relatively warm compared to alot of the country....... Sometimes i have to pinch myself and pinch the flowers just to be sure they are real . But they are! And i took this picture TODAY , not months ago!  Ofcourse all these plants handle cool weather rather well. Those petunias have just taken off! So with all the snow pictures floating around blogland at the moment i thought you might like a breath of Spring!



...........and here is a future project!  I sat the other night watching TV pulling fake flowers apart 'cause i have a plan!! Bwaaahhhhhaaa!!!!  

And Jinx is giving you a smile. I call this his Happy Face. Click it large if you can. He's happy and content and feelin' loved. I love to see this expression on his little face........ Lots more to show and tell you so i'll be back soon. Right now i'm just enjoying an OMG!!! Rainy Weekend that won't make nary a dent in our drought situation but oh my is it lovely! The pitter patter on the roof and everything looking so shiny and clean out the window........ After living in two drought stricken places (TX, CA) you'll never find me complaining about the rain!

Hugs! deb  

6 comments:

Victoria said...

Deb, Jinx is so cute, I love the happy expression on his dear little face. One of my kitties, Shadow, looks a lot like Jinx, only with long fur.

The rain is missing us here...by a mere 172 miles! This is the driest and warmest winter I can remember, and I've lived in California all my life. Let's keep hoping for a "March Miracle."

I have to admit, though, I am having serious flower envy over your flowers. The lows here are still in the twenties, too cold for flowers.

I can't wait to see what you're going to do with those fake flower petals!

Blessings,

Victoria

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Lovely flowers. The hated word S*** continues again today here in Northern Indiana. One thing for sure, we are putting plenty of moisture on the ground. We have run out of room to pile it!

Fake flowers...a ball..and a tool...what the heck are you up to!!

Jinx is a cool cat.
xx, Carol

Corrine at sparkledaysstudio.com said...

glad you are getting rain....love seeing your flowers and the contented king of the house. xox

CraftyViolet said...

Oh how I wish I had those flowers in my garden right now instead of about two feet of snow - and it's snowing again. Enough already!

Can't wait to see what you do with the flowers you pulled apart.

Cute cat. I can see his smile.

Eileen The Artful Crafter said...

Deb, you're just one of those people who doesn't wait for the storm to pass. You dance in the rain! Love ya ;-)

Neesie said...

I never complain about the rain either especially after living in the Middle East for over six years. I was desperate for seasons and rain by the time we left.
Jinx looks very smug...he's definitely a happy pusskins ^..^
Your flower photos brought a smile to my face...so vibrant.
We had a little snow flurry here this morning, so to have a little splash of spring was a delight :D
Have a great week....waving from Bonnie Scotland xo