Friday, March 28, 2014

Fourth Friday Challenge!!!


If you remember...... this is where we left off last month.... June i have to tell you ........ this Fourth Friday Challenge has been the 'kick in the pants' i've needed to get over some mighty big hurdles...


 After i took that top picture i didn't touch it for weeks.... which is kind of my M.O. aka procrastination......... but THEN Fourth Friday started looming closer and closer and i WANTED something to show so had to grit my teeth and mark on the canvas........ whipped out the ruler and pencil and just got down to business ...... its pencil people how exactly do i think i'm gonna mess this up? 


I liked how everything looked in pencil......whew......so i outlined everything in Pitt Pen.......... that was a little nerve wracking but actually went pretty smoothly .........And after a while became kinda relaxing...... all the lines were made already in pencil all i had to do was follow along...... it was a brand new pen and it had no trouble going over the acrylic paint......  LOVE my Pitt Pen. And as an extra bonus all the pencil lines erased with no problem! 



As i started painting the 'petals' the painting morphed in my head again........ go figure........ :) .........All this time i'v been leaning away from color....... just wanting to stay with the neutral tones.... But then i got that look at my sketch book...... the second picture from the top and i'm really liking that greenish blue color there........ so who knows....... YOU'LL know by next Fourth Friday what direction i went.  Here's the link if you want to link up with June on Fourth Friday. I hope you'll let it challenge you! Thank you so much June!
Hugs! deb


4 comments:

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Glad the color won out. Your choice and use of vivid color is what draws me to your work.

I suppose sticking with neutral color WOULD be a challenge, but so was overcoming procrastination.

You know I'll be waiting to see what palette won out.
xx, Carol

Corrine at sparkledaysstudio.com said...

Morphing can be good. It's all part of the process.....enjoy...xox

ACreativeDream June Crawford said...

Well, I can't wait to see what you do with it. You know me and color...but I can see how neutrals would be great on this too. Still... I'm betting on color.

Eileen The Artful Crafter said...

I vote color also. you do it so brilliantly (double entendre intended)!