Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Hush..........

..............you know that hushed kind of feeling just before it rains ......... like the whole world is holding its breath......... ? ......... Thats how it feels today...... Rain has been predicted for the next three days and the stormy clouds have lowered and not a breath of air to be found and every living thing is waiting...... 

I hadn't realized how much i've missed that feeling........ here in the land of eternal sunshine........ At a time when i should be tired of the rain heading into late Spring...... instead i'am waiting , wishing.... hoping for buckets and buckets full......... 

Above is the star that used to hang on my fence in TX .....its been given a fresh coat of paint and  a new place to hang on our CA home....... I love the way the sun is hitting the lavender ...... 

I've been busy as a bee........ working on my Fourth Friday Challenge and the Spring Postcard Swap.......... I had to step away from the yogurt project so i could complete these two events on the agenda........... Stepping away is probably a good thing....... You know how you can step away from a drawing or painting for awhile and then come back and look at it with a fresh perspective? Like that..... I've made wonderful progress on all three projects.... June's Fourth Friday Challenge really gets me motivated to step out of my comfort zone.......... I had to step past the place where i normally get stuck just so i would have something to show you come Friday....... It won't be finished by Friday but i'am past a huge hurdle ! Hugs! deb

5 comments:

Victoria said...

Deb, I'm waiting with you. I'm in the southern California mountains...I think everyone up here is crossing their fingers and toes hoping for buckets of rain, maybe even some snow. It's cloudy and very cold right now, so here's hoping we all get a soaking!

Blessings,

Victoria from Brushstrokes

Izzybeads by Laney said...

You can have as much rain as you need from me! We are still struggling with the soggy ground from all the flooding but now are down to light showers and hail! I will share rain if you send sunshine!! x Love the star and the bumbles :)

Eileen The Artful Crafter said...

Good for you, Deb! I haven't gotten into the 4th Friday challenge routine yet; though I'vd love to when life calms down a bit - lol.

It's so nice to see you proudly displaying your Lone Star in CA . And your lavender is lovely :D

CraftyViolet said...

Sure hope you get your rain. We had more snow again yesterday and its still way below the average temperature. This has been a record breaking and snow breaking winter. Chatham has never had this much snow since I moved here 26 years ago.

Looking forward to seeing what you are making.

Corrine at sparkledaysstudio.com said...

Love your star on the fence and that lavender, so beautiful.......I can smell it from here. Cutest ever bees. xox