Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Something Extraordinarily Different.......

................Here its been almost a week since i've posted anything and........... i still have nothing to post........ :) .......... I feel like the little Engine that could ....... i keep chugging and chugging away at projects and i just cannot seem to get to the finish line with any of them........ I have an awful lot to accomplish in the next two weeks.... The Yogurt Cup Project.... Hubby's second bookshelf i'am antiquing and putting a clear varnish on it to finish it up...... a Postcard Swap ..... the Fourth Friday Challenge project...... whew! 

So while sitting here drinking my last cup of coffee for the day i thought i would share something extraordinarily different than my usual blog fare......  Thats ME in the middle...... and my two big brothers........ I believe they were 12 and 14 years old when i came along......... I was.... lets say a SURPRISE... lol.......My mom thought there was something terribly wrong with her when she went to the doctor ...... the fact that she was pregnant at 38 never crossed her mind.......

The doctor who had been our family doctor for years walked in the examination room with a big smile on his face and threw a baby bottle at her and asked if she was ready to do it all over again..... :) 

Wouldn't it be interesting if you could look at someone and KNOW what they would do with their lives........? The brother on the left went into the Navy and then the Fire Department ....... the brother on the right became an air-condition/refrigeration repair man like his father....... and the girl in the middle...... never found a career other than being married to the same man for 25 years..... often finding herself up to her elbows in paint and crafty things.... always has her nose in a book....... knows an awful lot of useless trivia..... never happier than when she's hiking or in nature in general....... flower gardening lover....... tree hugger......... too bad none of those things bring in a paycheck or could be considered a career..... :) But i'm happy......... and well loved........ and should count for something...... 

Hang in there......... hopefully next time i'll have something better to post than an old family photo....... :) Hugs! deb 



4 comments:

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Dilly Deb...I'm here to jack you up!! I'll never know why human beings are so stressed about what they accomplish and worry if they don't have a paying job. Remember the 50's? Beaver's mother had a job...taking care of the house. My grandson tells me that I am not retired, I have given up one full time job to devote my days to my other one. Don't I love this wonderful young man!

Anyway, my mother had me at 39. Got pregnant when my father came home from the Korean War.

I think this was a great post.
xx, Carol

CraftyViolet said...

How nice that you have pleasant memories when you see an old photo. You did have a job and you described it beautifully. No, it didn't bring in money but it made you happy - and like they say, "If mama ain't happy, no ones happy". The world needs artists and musicians and those who are happy being mothers and taking care of their home. I know a few people who bring home a large paycheck and are as unhappy as can be because they are doing what they are doing for money, instead of what they wish they were doing.

Corrine at sparkledaysstudio.com said...

Cute pic of you and the big boys. Handsome family.....there is mighty happiness there at beong well loved and I know you two have a wonderful tome together...and you are a Mom, so you have a full and fulfilling life. Isn't that what it's all about. xox

Eileen The Artful Crafter said...

You forgot to mention that the girl in the middle grew up to be a wonderful faithful friend and an inspiration to those who share her passions ;-)