Wednesday, March 12, 2014

WHY .... Why..... why.....


................ does there seem to be a whole lot more finding its way INTO my craft room than finished product coming out???? I ask you... any clue???  LOL! :) But seriously ........ when you are walking along ( up at hubby's work) and you see 'roses' falling from pine trees ........how could you NOT pick them up?? 




..........on the right is how they look when the first fall from the tree... then they start falling apart into little roses! I can so see these made into a wreath....... not that i've done anything like that before but i'm sure gonna try.........




Then yesterday i was at hubby's work again...... not to really work this time but to see him receive his 35 years pin. 35 years working for Uncle Sam! Wow! Everyone insisted i stand up there with him.... sigh...... i surely did not want to..... I'm sure when the picture comes out i will be as red faced as the table cloth that was there....... hmmm maybe it will be like camouflage and i will just blend into the table.......  Honestly i just wanted to sit there and take my own picture of him and watch him walk up there and get that award and now i don't have that memory...... everyone kept insisting to the point it would have been very rude of me to not get up there with him....people were just being nice... but I'am comfortable with him in the spot light and me in the shadows.... Anyway..... its done and now i will have a picture to prove that i put all that weight back on....... uuugh... 

So back at his office someone offered all these glass vials to me and wondered if i could make anything out of them his wife was cleaning out her craftroom (oh boy)........ i heard this little voice say........ 'just say no.....just say no' but i didn't . I took them.... and i have no idea what i'm going to do with them... Surely there must be some fantastically coooool thing i could do with them.....any and ALL ideas would be welcome..... excuse me while i go find hole in my craftroom to shove these into until... you know... until i get around to them........... :) Hugs! deb

10 comments:

Denise said...

I have never seen or even heard about that kind of pinecone.Must be a special variety.Have fun with Your vases.Do something as gifts for Your family and friends for special holidays.

Elly said...

Oh well...i'm so like you about staying in the shadow and i wish i could help you making a wreath out of those cool pine tree roses and sure helping out with two or three creative ideas with the vases, too. Hey.....and congrats to your hubby! (:o)Love reading your storys ♥

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

O Dear Deb! You are such a hoot. Did Hubs like it that you were next to him when he received the award? Just sayin'.

Cool pine cones. I collected some once because I heard if you pack them with peanut butter they make great bird feeders....wrong! When it got cold, they closed right back up and looked like a big nut.

I guess you'll have to resort to Google for some little bottle ideas. Or pass them on to some other sucker!!
xx, Carol

Donna Heber said...

Wow, congrats to your hubby on his 35 yrs! What a wonderful accomplishment. It looks like you have found some wonderful treasures to play with. I see pinecone wreaths in your future or little napkin rings for autumn days. Not sure how big those glass bottles are. Perhaps they would hold beads or glitter.

Donna Heber said...

Oh, I forgot to thank you for the wedding anniversary wishes!

Izzybeads by Laney said...

Heheheheh don't you just love it when someone says 'just cleaned out craft room/study/cupboard/bin and thought of you' LOL I love the roses I don't think I have ever seen that before, we must have boring pinecones in the UK!

Corrine at sparkledaysstudio.com said...

Love those little cones, how cool are they. What shows up shows up and sometimes you just need to use it. xox

CraftyViolet said...

Congrats to your hubby. Not many people stay 35 years in one company, or government, these days. I'm sure hubby was glad to have you beside him.

We have lots of pinecones here but not open up like those ones do. I would not be able to resist those either.

Not sure what to do with the glass jars but you will think of something.

Eileen The Artful Crafter said...

The pine cone seed case roses are amazing! I can surely see you doing something beautiful with those.

The vials? A beader could use them for storings seed and crimp beads, but know you don't bead (yet?). I really can't thin of another use for them except taking up space in your craft room;-)

Can you ask the donor what his wife used them for?

Denise said...

I could tell by some of Your artwork that You too love Ireland ; )