Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Hello Beautiful!................

.............What! No picture?! Did you ever write a blog post in your head before the event you were going to talk about ever happened? And THEN the 'event' did not even come to pass..........then you are stuck with this post idea in your head but no pictures or anything to show for it........? NO? Really!  

Well it happened to ME this weekend! Hubby and i went Slug Hunting!! Yes slug hunting.......And i was going to have a picture of a big , yellow, juicy slug right at the top and the title 'Hello Beautiful!'.........sigh........ 

We've been planning this trip for weeks.......... to Muir Woods.... which is an excellent place to find them....... A friend and i found them there last year and they were sooo amazing and HUGE! But we had no camera and hubby wasn't with us.......... so we made plans to go back.......... Well this past weekend Mother Nature made other plans and she rained and rained and rained............... she seriously RAINED! So what did we do?..........................

...........we grabbed the umbrella and went and played in the rain and stomped in puddles and searched Muir Woods high and low for slugs.............. and we didn't find any..........not...a ...one.... they were smart.......they were hiding.......under the leaves or wherever slugs go when they hide........the park rangers said they would probably come out AFTER the rain...........sigh.......it rained all day.... so we had to leave without laying eyes on them...... But we will go back! .........slippery little suckers.......... 

I did find a website that has some beautiful pictures of them along with some information if you'd like to check it out........
Just click on this link here............... Happy Slug Hunting! Hugs! deb

5 comments:

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

OK, so you are weird....so WEIRD! I can get the looking for slugs cause any day in the woods looking around is a good day. But, what were you going to do when you FOUND slugs? Just leave em there or what. I can't imagine that you would collect them and bring them home, wouldja? Well, anyway, I have slugs all over the pond area. You want I should send you some?
xx, Carol

Victoria said...

Deb, thanks for that link! I first encountered a banana slug in the redwoods when I was five. I was instantly fascinated. My mom...um, not so much. She picked me up and ran the other way because she thought it was some strange looking snake.

Corrine at sparkledaysstudio.com said...

You will have to draw some for us. xox

CraftyViolet said...

I have small brown ugly plant eating slugs in my garden! They would destroy my Hosta and other plants if I didn't keep them under control. Annoying little creatures for sure.

Eileen The Artful Crafter said...

I don't mind a bit that you didn't get a picture of slugs. Yuk!