Monday, April 7, 2014

LilyPad Update.........

..........alot of pans in the fire at the moment....... i made the mistake momentous step of cleaning off one of the surfaces in my craft room and WOW i just went like a house of fire working on projects.............. Apparently give me a clean surface and i can get busy!..........but what i'm showing you now is work i do while watching TV in the evenings...... Nine times out of Ten its a rerun or something i'm not interested in and its easy to split my attention between the two..............

Did it ever cross your mind that these might be lily pads?? :) LOL! I hope i kept you guessing a little bit anyway.....I struggled a bit with the koi........... I was looking at a picture of a koi trying to make it look just like that picture when i had an epiphany ( I have quite a few of those don't i?) and said to myself 'Don't try to draw THAT koi ....instead draw your OWN koi' , so i took one last look at the picture of the koi and put it away. And just sketched MY best koi. And hey he's got a head and tail and scales and he looks like a koi to me :) 

You can see all the little circles at the bottom of the page , so you know i'm not done yet.....there are many more circles in my future....... We hit mid 80's all of this week........... so not ready for higher temps.......Wed i think pushes 90.......90! Please say it isn't so......  Well i better let you go........ the yogurt cups are calling my name........was that an eye roll..? Did you just roll your eyes at me? I know you didn't!! LOL! I know you're all tired of hearing about the yogurt cups..... but take heart! I'am on the home stretch with them!! Woohoo!!! Hugs! deb

4 comments:

CraftyViolet said...

I recognized it was a Koi right off the bat. Love it. Now some will say that a clean desk is a sign of an empty mind - but for a crafter a clean desk/space is the motivation to make something to fill it up!!!

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Your Koi and lillypads are great. I am sure that is what a Koi looks like. We had lots of them in the pond until the winter killed them off.

It took cleaning my area to get me back to work again. It's still somewhat clean. Glad to say its crafty stuff in it now and not clutter!

What was that you wanted to say about yogurt cups?
xx, Carol

kathyinozarks said...

I love your koi-so now those do look like lily pads-my craft room is in major need of a cleaning and organizing-so I have moved to the living room to work on my journal-lol I am not ready for summer temps yet either-although I am tired of the cold-we are to be in the 70s tomorrow

Corrine at sparkledaysstudio.com said...

Look at that koi, great job.....xox