Thursday, April 17, 2014

My Colored Pencil Sketches............



..........go SO much quicker than my paintings...... Once they get going i get quite obsessed with them and find myself sitting down to work on them several times during the day........ 


............painting doesn't have that 'pull' for me ...YET... i still do hope it will...... if and when i ever become more comfortable with it......

..............but for now colored pencils still have my heart..... Looking at this i find myself torn between being done and leaving it alone and  outlining the compartments on the lily pads........anyone care to venture an opinion??? :) Everything else is so detailed that perhaps the lily pads look unfinished or do they give the eye a place to rest????  hmmmm....... 

I'm feeling a blog change coming on.............. maybe its Spring  thats spurring on the need for change....... I don't know........ But its honestly the first time i . just. don't. feel . like . blogging. any. more..........I 'm feeling like i've gotten it out of my system........I find myself not looking forward to posting anymore......... its more like pushing myself to make a post.........

In the past when i've stopped blogging for awhile it was something i felt compelled to do from an outside source........ this.....this time its all me.........When i think about it....... Ive been blogging for the last 6 years! Not as long as some but nothing to shake a stick at either...... things change...... life changes...... people change...... I think..........I think i'm ready to move on......... time will tell.......I won't say this is my last post.......but it may very well be or i may just have to pop in to show you this or that......if anyone will still be looking........ Blogging has been an incredible adventure  . One i'm not soon to forget or all the wonderful people i've met. Big, BIG Hugs! deb

7 comments:

Corrine at sparkledaysstudio.com said...

No opinion, just go with the flow. xox

CraftyViolet said...

You do what your heart tells you. I will miss your posts and seeing your creations though.

kathyinozarks said...

allot of us go through this-I have been blogging for at least 8 years now-allot of my friends that are going through the same thing are very active on facebook-one of the reasons I am there too-I can see now why some like it there-can post short posts and photos and still stay connected-I am really enjoying the experience this time around. and I have signed up for groups or sites of interest to me-so keeps me more in touch with creativity and things I enjoy learning about-since I am so rural.
you need to do what is best for you-hugs

Izzybeads by Laney said...

That is an amazing drawing! Never mind the painting keep with the pencils you have a talent!

I like blogging but have only got that way this year. I find FB too post and run and too much about selling these days, I like to look and chat without feeling pressured to buy something and FB is going that way, its also not as personable, you can like something and move on without so much as a backward glance. Maybe its me?

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

I think blogging is an important part of my life. I don't blog as much as I will in the future as my work flow gains momentum. It's blogging that encourages me to create. You didn't mention FB, but it's not where I will post. Its too impersonal. I want to know about projects and what the artist's thoughts are about their creative process.

I love your blog and our out of blog communication and I don't want ANY of it to end.

Try outlining a lilly pad and see if you like it. You must want to since your thoughts are going in that direction. Isn't our creative process about experimentation?

Happy Easter Deb.
Much Love.

Eileen The Artful Crafter said...

Yes, please pop in from time to time and let us know what you're up to. I hope you'll still participate in mail swaps and succh so we can keep in touch, girlfriend.

Thank you for sharing your personal journey with us and I'm glad you've doumented it all - the move, new house, trips to shore and mountains, and of course - your art :D

Maria said...

I LOVE that drawing, Deb! I was sad to read you feel done with blogging, but it's your call. I know you will continue with your art because it's in your blood! xoxo