Wednesday, April 2, 2014

PostCard Swap.......

 ................something about a good PostCard Swap really gets me creatively motivated........ I think as much as i don't like deadlines.... having a deadline motivates me....... Deadlines were created to help Procrastinators like me... :)   In the top picture you can see where i took cereal box type chip board and put gesso on it.........

..........painted green on top the gesso...... cut out a piece of decorative paper for the middle....sketched out then cut out the 'tulip' shapes........ found the meditating girl in a magazine and fussy cut her out...... 


.........then glued everything into place.......... i wish at this point my Muse ,who was looking over my shoulder, would have pointed out that the writing in the middle was upside down.....but she didn't... she had herself a good giggle over that.... ah well ... once its all glued down there wasn't much i could do about it...... 



............. used this as an opportunity to work on blending.... I had a VERY old bottle of pink paint...... my gosh that stuff must be over 10 years old.......... i have a few bottles like that, that really just need to gotten rid of, but they are still liquid so i'm determined to use them up....... so i let that dictate the color scheme a bit...... 

 .........and with the Spring theme ... what a wonderful excuse to use my bee stamp for the first time.......At first i had them all facing her like the flowers ...... but she looked a little 'trapped' when i did that.... lol... so i faced them every which way instead... :)

..............and if you give the card a little tilt in the light you can see some of the metallic magic....... i put pearlescent paint on the wings...... Now off it goes to my Swap partner!!!! Hugs! deb

10 comments:

Betty from My Irish Cottage Home said...

It is so beautiful. I have been doing alot of meditating lately just like that.

CraftyViolet said...

Lovely card. I just can't meditate. I try sometimes but my mind has been trained to think of many things at one time and it likes to wander from subject to subject, quickly and often!

Victoria said...

Oh, those muses can be tricksy! I actually like it better with the lettering upside down, though; sometimes, I'll find myself trying to decipher what the words say instead of focusing on the beauty of the artist's design. And this card is very beautiful!

Blessings,

Victoria

ACreativeDream June Crawford said...

Love the card Deb. I took up meditation about 30 years ago, specifically to learn to quiet and center my mind. I let lots of things go, laundry, dusting, cooking... but I never go a day without at least a few minutes spent meditating. Personally, I like the upside down words, more character!

Tisha Dolton said...

It's a beautiful card. I think the upside down writing gives it a different look, more decorative, less informative. but I have had that same thought too! Blame it on the Muse. LOL

Snap said...

Spring is springing! Fun!

wendy said...

Love your card! the receiver will be thrilled I'm sure!

kathyinozarks said...

good morniing, love your card! I haven't made a postcard or a handmade card in some time now-and they are just excellent for bursts of creativity-enjoy your new week

Eileen The Artful Crafter said...

Lovely post card. I wonder who the lucky recipient will be. I never guessed those were lily pads. Mandalas came to mind.

Eileen The Artful Crafter said...

Oh my, I'm the lucky one!!!!

She sits on my desk right by the pc and calms my spirit throughout the day.

I try to ignore the bees - which would have the opposite effect. I have a bug phobia - lol.