Monday, May 5, 2014

HI! Hi! Hi! (waving madly)


.............Miss me??? I feel like i've been away on vacation or something........wait.. maybe i HAVE.... As a few of you mentioned maybe i just needed a break from blogging........and maybe you were right.......Wanna know what i missed? Sharing things with you...sharing bits and pieces of my life with you....I missed hearing from you.....like passing little notes back and forth in class....... lol.....
I thought just maybe you might like to see that infamous birdfeeder of mine FINALLY in service!  We but it up yesterday...who am i kidding ....hubby dug the hole and put in the pole and attached the feeder.....thats his 'job'....my 'job' was all those stinkin' shingles. :) On the very top thats copper.... hubs attached that too.....He always complains that somehow my hobby turns into his hobby.... i always totally disagree with him.... i tell him no waaaaayyy... your just helping me out a little.... lol ... and i tell him he's my hero...which he really truly is.........(secretly i know he's right and he might complain a little but i love it when we collaborate. :)

I KNOW the back yard looks terrible........ still just dirt...... cannot decide what we are going to do or not do to it........ We really don't have the money to do too much to it.  Its difficult to make ourselves sink money into it when we don't plan on staying..... we'll see.....If hubby's promotion comes to pass maybe we will.......


How about a little gardening meandering for a Monday?? Remember last year i planted some Agapanthus or Lily of the Nile?? Well this year they are blooming for the first time.... I'm so excited!!! These are truly one of my favorite flowers....I LOVE to watch the buds open... Its like opening a present . I have one more to sink in the ground this year......


Here's the alyssum ....They lasted alll summer for me last year and really they are just a spring plant...... They smell heavenly as you walk up to the door..........


And here's another pot i brought from Tx........ I didn't plant it last year but this year i decided to try some impatiens as i have shady spot on the porch........... I've never had impatiens before......So far so good........ they've probably doubled in size since i put them in there and still blooming! Yeah! 
I gave all my plants some fertilizer about a month ago and WOW! Some of them are thanking me very much!! I think you can click on any of these images and they will come up large.....

Lots of things in the crafting frying pan .... alot to share...... See you soon! Hugs! deb

4 comments:

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

OMGosh!! I am in love with the bird feeder. The shingles are what makes it unique. The birds are going to feel like their at the Ritz...did that age me?

Lovely flowers too. I haven't bought one annual yet. We are going to expand the deck in front so I guess I'll wait to see how that goes...more space for flowers!

I'm glad you are continuing to blog. Friends are hard to come by and you are definitely one of my fav blog friends.
xx, Carol

kathyinozarks said...

waving back-so glad you are back posting too-hugs-love all your pots and the bird feeder-

Victoria said...

Hey Deb! I was wondering where you were and hoping everything was ok. Love that birdhouse, particularly the shingles! All your flowers are so pretty, and I really like the pots you've put them in, too.

Blessings,

Victoria

Corrine at sparkledaysstudio.com said...

Pots look fantastic, wondered where you disappeared to...another one of those over long hikes perhaps. xox