Thursday, May 15, 2014

To Paint or Not to Paint.......


.............that is a question i'll save for the end of the post.... :) Now it occurred to me that you might like to see the items i talked about in the last post........ the clay kitty above....... Isn't he wonderful?! He just HAD to come home with me..... 


I'm so sorry about the quality of these pics........the lighting was not very good but i really wanted to show you...... LOVE how the sun is hugging the moon!  Its laying on a table right now waiting to be put on the wall......waaay up high.. Well that was our purchases on our last adventure....... that pottery place had so many wonderful things... They had a chair shaped like a hand that i would have taken two home and put on my front porch. Wouldn't that be something ?? But i'd be afraid they'd get stolen and at $200+ each...um i don't think so........


......this is another bad picture (blurry) ...sigh... getting great shots with hubby's camera still escapes me but i'm getting better. I really think it was the low lighting here. But i think you can tell that's a ceramic horse head sitting on the shelves that hubby built.......Now comes the question from the title....To paint or not to paint.....?? I fully intended on painting this horse head. Its a ceramic piece that hubby and i poured a few years ago......Hubby brought it downstairs to see if it would fit in the cubby hole and it does... beautifully..... 

And now that i see it i kinda like the white against dark brown..... Otherwise i intended on painting it brown with a darker mane......but that would surely get lost on the shelves......I like the simpleness of the lines when its white.....I could just leave it as.... put a sealer on it or OR i could paint it a pearly white or just go ahead and do the brown..........Love to know what you think?? 

That was one heavy piece to pour , let me tell you...... It took both of us to lift it and pour the liquid slip out of it. I held my breath the whole time were were taking it out of the mold.....I think its the biggest piece we've ever poured except maybe a dragon or two..... 

Making 25th Anniversary plans!!!!  Things are finally coming together and reservations made.......OOoooooo I'm uber excited.... I want to tell you all about the plans we've made but for safety sake you'll have to wait until we come back. Did i ever think 25 years ago that our life would take us to the west coast??? Never in a million years......LOL...... what is ONE thing 25 years has taught me?? That you CAN change your fate...... it is not set in stone.... you just have to have faith....... faith in yourself..... Hugs! deb

9 comments:

Lori said...

I like a single color for the horse head, maybe a marble color and seal it. I think if you painted it with 2 colors it might not be as striking as it is.

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

I did not know you pour ceramics. I don't think I ever saw you post about it. Anyway, no color on the horse unless its a wash of something light and unique.

Love your sun art. I collect sun art. I would have grabbed that piece in a minute.

have a great weekend
xx, Carol

Betty from My Irish Cottage Home said...

I just love that cat, very pretty. I am a horse lover and always have a special place in my heart for a white one, so I would live it white. Congrats on the 25 anniversary.

Izzybeads by Laney said...

Love the pudding puss :)

I wouldn't paint the horse I like the contrast and its got a fabulous shape colour would take the eye away from the shape for me. Lx

CraftyViolet said...

Congrats on 25 years. I'm sure what ever you have planned will be a wonderful adventure.

I wouldn't paint the horse, unless you did the white pearl finish. I agree with you, it would be lost if you painted it brown.

Victoria said...

Deb, congratulations on your 25th anniversary, I hope you have a wonderful time.

I love your moon and sun wall hanging, and the stretching kitty is adorable! I think the head of the horse is beautiful and striking just the way it is. I don't think I'd paint it unless it was something very, very pale.

Blessings, Victoria

Denise said...

How fun to be able to create lovely pieces like You do.I think pearly or even flat white with a sealer.Thank You for Your comment and Your visit to My last post.Yes, The foothills above Rancho were in the news a couple of weeks ago.My Grandkids all had to be evacuated out of school. All is well.I too love the cool winds that blow.Cool or warm-I just love them.Hugs to You-Denise...Oh Yes,I wanted to ask ,do You live near Me?

Eden said...

Congrats on your 25th!!! And I like the horse white!! I would love to get those hand chairs too!!

Nancy said...

That's a gorgeous horse head--I wouldn't change it :) you don't always see such a nice form!
The cat's a cutie and I love the sun :)