Thursday, June 12, 2014

An Artsy Intermission.............


..............here's what you'll find in my sketch book at the moment.... Why thoughts of Halloween pop in my head while watching TV i have no idea......... They will eventually be sitting on a broom......if you can imagine that..........I had a lot of fun shading everything and smoothing it with Gamsol....... I'm not sure how to shade black... can you shade black......? I tried some purple on the black but you really can't see it............ Ah well ... i'll figure it out......... 

Ahem...........by the way...... this is the first time i've scanned in my own picture and AND i even figured out had to put my name on it! And save it and everything.......like .. WOW!  Seriously hubby does all my scanning and printing etc...  Woohoo ! You CAN teach an old dog new tricks! Thanks for stopping by! Love it when you do!  Soon i'll finish the last leg of our Journey and show you what goodies we brought home!  Hugs! deb

10 comments:

Betty from My Irish Cottage Home said...

I love love love it. My Daughter has six cats and I love them all. Hubby has an allergy to cats so we do not have any. I also love halloween. Now you have me thinking about it.

kathyinozarks said...

I love it too!

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Cool Sketch! Cool that you are testing the computer tech waters!!
I think Halloween creeps in my thoughts pretty often. I think its because it really is my favorite holiday and I take more joy in decorating for it than any other holiday. I love the macabre and Day of the Dead.

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

OH, maybe you can only shade black with a light color...grey or yellow?

CraftyViolet said...

Great sketch - as always.

To shade with black I find it best to just put a layer of black around the edges and then use the gamsol to bring it into the middle. That way you get dark around the edges, lighter in the middle. If it's too light, just keep adding a bit of black at a time but keep it on the edge. Don't cover the whole image in black. Hope this helps.

Corrine at sparkledaysstudio.com said...

Did Jinx draw this????? LOL xox

Victoria said...

Ooh, I love those little witchy kitties! I shade black by laying down a dark shade of cool gray, then shading with undiluted black and adding highlights with light gray, then white. I use this method whether I'm painting with alkyds, acrylics or watercolor. I know you're supposed to use the bare, white areas of the paper for highlights when using watercolor, but I just can't get the hang of that...

Blessings,

Victoria

Laurie M said...

the cats are lovely! Why not Halloween, lol, we must draw what our mind tells us and yours created a beautiful sketch!

Lynnie CottageGalstyle said...

Such cute kitties for Halloween. I love them.
Hugs, Lynnie

Eileen The Artful Crafter said...

How cute.

Halloween in June reminded me of how I made Christmas ornaments in Jan. & Feb. this year. The ideas just popped into my head, so I took care of them right then and there. Wish I had the discipline to do that more often!