Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Around the House.......


............Some things have been coming together... some projects are actually finished and up on the walls..... This project would have been finished long ago except i ran into those crackling problems...

 Much thanks to Eileen, the crafting guru over there at the Artful Crafter.  Her tagline is "Helping crafters to be." And i'd have to emphatically agree with that. If your ever stumped over a technique or product Eileen will help you figure it out.  And its funny after all that hub bub about crackling ..unless you are really close to the words up there you can't even tell they are crackled. LOL! Geesh.. Thats okay..i know their crackled... :)  

I also found some little words that i just painted black . I wish i could find a few more and take it all the way to the floor....  Its not often i can show a finished project so i'm super excited to show you. Every little thing i add to the house just makes it feel a little bit more like home.... Hugs! deb

PS. Eileen reminded me that i didn't tell you what happened with my birthday....... Well it was about 6pm and we were settled in front of the TV and i had pretty much come to the conclusion that yep..... they forgot........ it happens...... I have had 47 of them after all....... so i lean over and whisper in Hubby's ear..... 'Do you want to be my hero?' And he's like huh? what?  'Do you want to be my hero?' Hubby...sure! Then i leeeannn back over and whisper ' Then you better wish me a Happy Birthday before its too late!' He forgot........poor guy.... to be honest he is so over worked and tired its a wonder he remembers his own name much less mine.  And he said we'll have to do something this weekend..... I said all i needed was for him to wish me a happy birthday. Because everyday spent with him is special anyway.... 

Now the company that came down over the weekend ? Weeeellll.....??? they don't like to be spoken about on the blog so we'll leave it at that....... Thank you to everyone for the birthday wishes! 47 uuughhh........... 

6 comments:

Eileen The Artful Crafter said...

Aww ... thanks for the "shout out".

I love seeing this photo. The living area looks terrfic! the words are great - both the big ones and the little ones.

Everything is just so pretty ... like an interior designed had done it. New career for you?

Elly said...

I will remember your living room if i ever find some words like yours. As Eileen said: It looks terrific and....happy belated birthday wishes ♥ Hugs from Germany :)

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

I like the words a lot!!

I always tell Terry that it's no big deal if he forgets my birthday...after all he wasn't there. But God help him if he forgets our anniversary or Valentine's Day ~lol~
xx, Carol

CraftyViolet said...

Love your house! Great decorating. Love the letters. I think I'm going to look for some of those myself.

I'm sure hubs felt terrible forgetting your birthday but nice of you to let him off the hook...it's those little things that make a marriage work!

Jeanne said...

Love how you are doing your words around your house. SO HAPPY BIRTHDAY LATE from Texas. Hard for those men to remember dates.... guess they need google calendar reminders. Hope that your late weekend celebration was a good one. Best to you!

Lori said...

Happy belated birthday!!