Wednesday, June 25, 2014

I'm Going to Share.......

........... a bit of MAGIC with you........ MAGIC because its so darn easy to make and tastes sooo darn good......And you don't even have to heat up your kitchen this summer to make it.........

Peanut Brittle!!! Have you ever tried to make your own?? I don't share many recipes on here cause lets face it i. just. don't. like. to. cook.  Its a necessity but its not something i enjoy. I don't like having to hang out over the stove........ So most of my 'go to' recipes center around the crock pot or the oven.  In this case... the microwave oven.  MicroWave Peanut Brittle. Now before you shake your head and walk away let me tell you this Brittle passes the Hubby test and he is a Peanut Brittle Connoisseur!  This recipe is a well guarded secret of mine that probably everybody knows.. LOL! But i'm gonna share my version that has never let me down...

                                MicroWave Peanut Brittle

1 cup of raw peanuts
1cup sugar
1/2 cup white corn syrup
1/8 tsp salt
1tsp butter
1tsp vanilla
1tsp baking soda

Now.......... in a microwave safe dish that can handle high temps ( in other words not plastic) stir together peanuts, sugar, syrup, salt. Microwave 3 1/2 - 4 minutes on high. Stir well. Microwave another 3 1/2  - 4 minutes. Add butter , vanilla , Stir to blend. Microwave another 2 minutes. Add baking soda. Stir gently until foamy. Working quickly pour onto aluminum foil covered baking sheet. Let Cool. Break into pieces.

Now Microwaves vary so you may have to fiddle with the timing a little bit. Pretty much you  just want to watch it so it doesn't get too dark.....I hope you'll give it a try............ You can thank me later.. :) Hugs! deb

4 comments:

CraftyViolet said...

Sounds easy but hubby hates all nuts and I don't like anything sweet so I guess I'll pass on this one! Nice of you to share though.

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Love your new banner picture!

I have never developed a love of peanut brittle, but it was my Dad's all time favorite. You know how you never know what to get your elderly parents for holidays? Well, peanut brittle was the answer for my dad.

Boy! your recipe is easy. I may try this one because my youngest grandson LOVEs peanut anything!
xx, Carol

Corrine at sparkledaysstudio.com said...

Ummm looks darn good, cute header. xox

Eileen The Artful Crafter said...

I'll thank you right now! I've never made peanut brittle because it sounds so difficult. I'm not good with candy thermometers and gave up years ago.