Friday, June 27, 2014

In the Garden.......

Lori over there at FindingRadiance posts a What's Blooming post every Friday and i'm always inspired to join her. I hope she doesn't mind the company...... I wanted to show you a little Before and After........
                                               Before...... this is what it looked like when we first moved in....Oct 2012...... We did not get to choose the plants ..... lets see they planted Day Lilies, Lavender, Rosemary,I don't remember what those shrubs were.... but i'am so not a shrub person... My rule of thumb... If it doesn't bloom or provide shade i don't want it. :)  Well the Lavender at the front of the house all died....sigh... I tried to figure out what the problem was but they were not happy.... The Rosemary is not in an ideal location... it gets overspray from the yard sprinklers... When rosemary gets too much water it looks great BUT does not bloom. It needs to be neglected a little to bloom....... Okay okay i probably told you more than you wanted to know...lol...... I tend to do that when i get started on plants............ Now........


The After!!  And this was taken at least a week ago. Those blue flowers are Blue Plumbago.  They are very drought tolerant and bloom their little hearts out all summer long..... Look how big the daylilies are!!  They have really taken off.....Can you see the Crepe Myrtle trees?? They are a little small now ... all the other flowers are nearly as tall as they are...but that will change... We also planted that Italian Cypress on the left side.. i think we needed a little height our front..



The Crepes will be purple and the buds are just starting to pop. I don't even know what that tree is they planted on the right side of the photo. But the Housing Assoc. tells me i cannot replace it... I would so put another Crepe in there.. oh well.....I will never live in another house that has a HOA....... 



Close up of one of the DayLilies...... I swear it looks like someone took a paintbrush to them. Wish i knew what variety they are. 


Just another view....... I'am totally in love with blue and orange together.....


Mr. Frog looks happy surround by all his flowers. The pink there is an impatien enjoying the shade.... I need to take another photo of the frog as he is almost completely covered by blue flowers now.... How does your garden grow!! Hugs! deb

9 comments:

Diane Cayton-Hakey said...

I have really just gotten into planting in the past year. We lived in Arizona for so many years and gardening never appealed to me there with the heat and the fact that most flowering plants just didn't grow there. So, now I am learning here in the mountains of Virginia and really enjoying it... xox Love all of your blue flowers!

Betty from My Irish Cottage Home said...

WOW, it looks so pretty. Our yard is alittle neglected this year and you know why.

Corrine at sparkledaysstudio.com said...

Looks really pretty Deb. The garden has so much life in it. xox

CraftyViolet said...

I'm with you Deb - flowers only. No shrubs that just sit looking green in my garden either. I like colour!!

Love your flowers! You did a great job.

People are always surprised I don't have a vegetable garden because I'm a vegetarian but I only have one tomato plant. I prefer to look at flowers blooming and pick up veggies at the fruit stands.

Lori said...

So, so gorgeous! Thank you for sharing!

gamma3 said...

looks so inviting, can you come do mine? i wish i had the wants to, but i forget to water and then they die and then i feel like i killed something. love the frog too.

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Lovely! Day Lilies are my very most favorites. I got my first start from the side of a country road and now have several colors planted all over.

As a bird lover, I have shrubs. You must have a place for birds to nest and hide from hawks.

I have several bushes..honeysuckle, forsythia, spirea, rose of sharon..and many others. Did I convert ya ~lol~
xx, Carol

debby said...

I love plumbago! They aren't frost hardy though, so basically an annual here. Your yard is beautiful.

Eileen The Artful Crafter said...

Quite a difference! You've done a beautiful job. No green thumb here! Where does your talent end, woman? Hugs, Eileen