Friday, June 20, 2014

Trip Treasures......

Well we made it home safe and sound.....It was a long ride home...you know how it is when your just ready to be home... 
We didn't take Hwy 1... i think we had enough curvy roads to last us a while... lol.. We were ready for the open highway... I wanted to show you a couple things we picked up on the trip...


..........If you've been following for a while then you know i collect pins. These beauties have been added to the collection... Now you may think that bear pin was commemorative of our bear encounter but we bought this BEFORE the bear encounter...OOOooooOOoo.....



I don't like touristy things...... I don't like items that have the name of where i've been plastered all over it...... In other words i don't need a coffee cup or tshirt with Humboldt Redwoods or ShelterCove on it...... I like items that will remind ME of where i've been.... Above you can see i found another use for some extra yogurt cups...These succulents were growing all along the coast and i brought a couple home to try my green thumb with them....  On top there you can see some of the black rock from Black Sands Beach....

I fell in love with these trees to hang on the wall.  Sorry for the bad photo. It was still pretty dim in the house when i took the photo..... But i love them....... and they will remind me of the redwoods every time i look at them.... Not pictured is the redwood we purchased for Hubby to make a table .....  We stopped at this place that made clocks and tables from redwood and they had a whole collection of rough redwood you could purchase to make your own stuff..... So instead of buying a finished piece hubby will get to play with some wood....... :)

I so hope you enjoyed coming along on the trip!  I'm hoping there are a few more trips before we bid California adieu in a couple years...... I think next on our list has to be Yosemite and Sequoia Nat Forests ....... the threat of wildfires has been so high in recent years i want to get there before something terrible happens and perhaps they burn down.....  

I've been working on several craft projects i'm just dying to show you......but i wanted to wrap this up first! Be back real soon!!! Hugs! deb 

4 comments:

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

This was a really cool trip!! I wish Terry and I were able to hike in areas like that, but his RA and COPD forbide it so it makes me enjoy you accounts of you trips even more.

I used to collect pins too. I had them all pinned to a black denim jacket which I still like to wear.
Have a great weekend.
xx, Carol

kathyinozarks said...

what do you do with all of your pins? that's a neat item to collect-love your wooden trees. glad hubby has a fun hobby too

Corrine at sparkledaysstudio.com said...

I guess we all collect whatever it is we collect. Cute pins.(And they don't take up much space). What a great trip, you two are great local adventurers. xox

Eileen The Artful Crafter said...

I love your travelogues. thanks for sharing.