Monday, June 30, 2014

What a Mess............



All this crafting and experimenting is hopefully to one day settle on just a few crafts i like to do......... I'm exploring my options....



Seeing what i have a 'knack' for........... what brings me joy.... what speaks to my soul...........



And honestly so far i haven't found many crafts i don't enjoy....... some i'm better at than others.........  and at least one i know i will NEVER try again........ 

If i ever pick up another package of sheet moss will someone please shoot me in the head?!  What a mess........... If i ever want something covered in moss again i will buy it already covered.... lesson learned....  And it took this photo to show me the picture is crooked.....sigh.....I can also see my letter 'T' could have been larger for this space. But i'm afraid this will have to do..... I have some other ideas for a letter 'T'. Maybe i'll fill that space with a couple different 'T's.....  

Lesson Learned....... when it comes to sheet moss .... 'Just say no!' I have no liquid on this post but with the letter 'T' I'm joining 'T Stands for Tuesday' over there at Elizabeth's blog The Altered Book Lover. Hi everybody!!!!
Hugs! deb

12 comments:

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

HA! I have some that I bought for the floor of a birdcage project. I am collecting items for that project as I find them. Messy, huh? Thanks for the warning.

I'm sure you will find something more for that space. Maybe tiny T's or maybe something else ~lol~
xx, Carol

CraftyViolet said...

I've never used moss either and now I don't think I will! Looks like quite a mess you made girl but the end result is very nice. I like it!

Corrine at sparkledaysstudio.com said...

Well it looks darn good even if it is messy. I tried so many thongs but I ankoy painting and hand stitching. for now though, it will be the journal until we move ...xox

Ariel said...

I too face the same problem of trying so many crafty things. This year I'm consciously trying to limit what I'm creating.
Hope you a great week

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I had to laugh, because I bought a huge cube of that stuff in the late 80s. I STILL probably have some left although I used mine in floral arrangements. That's a lovely T and pretty perfect for T day. Thanks for sharing it and your love story about the trials and tribulations of using it.

Linda K said...

too funny- I've been there with the sheet moss too:):) It's good to try out lots of craft and art venues because eventually you DO start to omit SOME of the things. Happy T day!

Rita said...

Not sure I'd have any luck at all controlling moss. Looks good. Happy T-Day! :)
(You had the wrong linked day but I found your post.)

Nancy said...

Oh I'm happy to know that I'm not the only one who does that, lol. But it's fun to look back on those things and have a laugh :)
Happy T day-- I love your T :)

Divers and Sundry said...

I've never heard of sheet moss. I'm trying to get moss to spread in the spaces between my patio stones, and I'm wishing there was such a thing as sheet moss for planting. lol I think your T looks perfect there :)

Ohhh Snap said...

I saw several pins on making moss graffiti with pieces of moss and a blender than painting it. Might be easier to cope with than a sheet. Downside, you probably have to wait for it to grow ... your T is lovely though.

~*~Patty S said...

Your T looks fabulous but I totally get where you're coming from as sheet moss has called my name before too ;-)
So many fun things to try out there!
Happy July...
oxo

Eileen The Artful Crafter said...

Sheet moss - oh yeah - something they don't tell you: it doesn't stay in sheets! Been there. Done that.