Tuesday, July 15, 2014

A 'T' stands for Tuesday Post........


I think this week is suppose to be a **special** archival 'T' stands for Tuesday post ,to celebrate its one year Anniversary, but since i've only just recently joined i hope you will allow a new post as i've not any archives to dig thru. lol!




Well ..........If i'm not writing a snail mail letter over coffee in the morning you can sometimes find me here in my craft room working on  a piece of MailArt......I have simply fallen in love with this form of art...... I LOVE the idea of just how many people along the way may have stopped for a moment to look at it, smiled and sent it on its way...... As you can see though i have to be VERY careful not to mistake my coffee cup for paint water....... been there done that...



Here are some recent ones i've sent off in the wild blue yonder...I often use them to work out ideas for a project or canvas painting i may be planning to do..... Above i was figuring out how it would be to paint over tissue paper for texture and then how to shade the blue areas...... turned into a pretty postcard i think......


This one ...... I came across some gorgeous nail polish on sale and if you know me ... you would know i would NEVER buy nail polish to paint my nails....but i thought it might be pretty used as paint... And it did turn out pretty just a little thick and difficult to work with....This postcard went off to a new T stands for Tuesday friend Krisha at Krisha's Keepsakes. I'm so glad you liked it Krisha!


Here is another one along the same idea....I was working on another project where i had to do some crackling so i practiced first on these postcards and i thought it looked like the dry cracked earth of summer..........





This one i wanted to play with alcohol and acrylic paint.....It made for some wonderful designs. The butterfly is a sticker that i embellished a little....then a little quote from Edgar Allen Poe......


Perhaps the BEST part of sending out MailArt Postcards is that i get some in return!! This beauty is from Corrine.You can find her at SparkleDaysStudio. I LOVE her abstract view of the world. I have such trouble doing abstract and i think she does it beautifully..

This postcard found its way to my mailbox from June the Creative Dreamer. June hosts a wonderful MailArt Postcard Swap that first introduced me to the idea......I think she knows i love moons...lol... If your quick you can hop over there and sign up for the next swap... You don't have to mail it out until August 9th! So you have plenty of time to create BUT you have to sign up by TODAY! I hope you'll give it a try. 

My latest swap partner, Pam from Australia sent me this postcard. Isn't it lovely. She doesn't have a website or i'd give you the link. 

I make my postcards out of cereal box chip board. I think its a great way to recycle and reuse..........It gives me a great place to practice painting and try out new ideas. I don't have to worry about messing up an expensive piece of canvas..... I can just play...... When is the last time you just played?? 

I'm so glad you stopped by to visit me over coffee this morning! I hope i added a little color to your day! Hopefully next year i will have an archive of T stands for Tuesday posts to dig thru. Hugs! deb

22 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I'm so glad you joined us for T this Tuesday. Yes, new posts are definitely welcome. I had to laugh because even before I saw your remark, I thought how you might get the paintbrush in your coffee mug, rather than water. That's why I have a lid for my mug. I'm a spaz!

You have some gorgeous pieces of mail art. These are all beautiful, and I like the abstract you got from Corrine. I saw the one you sent Krisha, and I know she loved it.

Thanks for reminding us that cereal boxes make great substrates. I really enjoy using saltine cracker boxes because I don't eat that much cold cereal.

And of course, thanks for playing with us during T for this anniversary edition.

~*~Patty S said...

Really fun to see your lovely outgoing and incoming mail art...it sure does brighten lots of people's days along its travels I'm sure!
Great use of fingernail polish too...I never paint my nails.
Happy T Day
and here's to continuing fun and sharing...
oxo

Halle said...

Great postcards! Love that you recycle to make them.
Happy Tuesday!

Corrine at sparkledaysstudio.com said...

Love your summer mail art, whoopi, so makes me smile. So glad you like my recycled collage of my own stuff with some glorious washi. Wonderful other mail art you received as well. Enjoy Tea Tuesday, I've lots of buds who participate including Elizabeth and Patty above. xox

Denise Price said...

I like your idea of recycling cardboard boxes to make postcards. I may have to try it sometime.

Happy T Day! :)

Divers and Sundry said...

cereal boxes! What a wonderful idea! Thx :)

Linda K said...

I didn't get an old post in either as I am fairly new too:)Love all the mail art-and how nice to give such a pretty postcard to a T friend. Happy T day to you!

Rita said...

Love your mail art! That is something I haven't tried yet. (I have so many things on my list of projects to do and learn--LOL!) I like your idea of using cereal boxes and the like for recycling. Glad you joined the group! Happy T-Day anniversary! :)

Craftymoose Crafts said...

Postcards are a great size for trying out new techniques, and you've made some beauties!

I bead a lot with seed beads and always worry that they will jump into my tea and I will drink them! I think I should join the "tea cup lid group".

Betty from My Irish Cottage Home said...

I enjoy seeing your artwork. You are very talented and I love the bright colors you use.

CraftyViolet said...

Love your postcards! I haven't made any yet but I'm thinking of doing so.
Paint brush in the tea - oh yeah, been there, done that too!

Ariel said...

The Happy Mails you have created are so beautiful. It is also wonderful to know that you are recycling and creating these lovely cards.
Have a wonderfful week
Susan

dawn said...

Hello and Happy T Day, so glad you are back again. What awesome mail art you have given out and received. I too like mail art and getting something from a different state or country is so neat. Little pieces of art from friends is the best!
I do hope you will still be here next year to celebrate again with us. Have a good week.

Ohhh Snap said...

Such lovely pieces of art. I switched to an old pasta sauce jar (complete with lid because I am graceful)for my paint water because I grew tired of the taste lol. Enjoy your coffee : )

Bridget Larsen said...

Well I've been playing almost a year and I forgot to look for an old post, so my post is new too with a ling to an old favourite.
love your work and what a great idea to use cereal boxes, the kraft colour would be a great canvas to work on
Bridget #4

Robyn said...

Oh mail art.
Do you know about Letter boxing!
We;ll have to swap sometime.
Heres to another year of T4

Dianne said...

oh, I love mail arT and posT card arT! some beauties here...glad you joined up and shared your work with us! happy T day!

Eliza said...

Wow I so love your post art, I love creating postcards and sending them actually I do have a spare one from awhile ago that I would love to send you. If that is what you would like, my email details are on my blog just pop me a line.

Oh and I am guilty of also throwing tear off bits of tape into my drinks and trying to drink it afterwards too. LOL

Hope you have a wonderful week

Hugs Eliza and belated Happy Tuesday

Estelle's said...

I love these! How creative and fun! I think this is a marvelous idea to spend an afternoon seeing where your creativity takes you! Thank you for sharing!

Krisha said...

Love the fact you used cereal boxes for you PC, now you have me thinking of doing the same. YES, I do love mine......nail polish huh?

Maria said...

Great postcards! Nice idea to do a postcard swap and get all those goodies. I have a couple of things I won from June in the past and I treasure them.

Eileen The Artful Crafter said...

My you've been busy, Deb. What lovely mail art - both yours and the ones you received.

I signed up for June's current swap. A deadline forces me to actually finish something! The only problem is I've got about six unfinished projects waiting for my attention as it is. I wonder if I could hire someone to set my deadlines. lol.