Wednesday, July 2, 2014

OH My.................



Another 'brilliant' idea of mine that wasn't working out quite as planned.....I found these little wooden tree kits in Hobby Lobby...... And my first thought was to paint each one black so they would be like shadow trees........ Then i thought no... i'll paint each one a slightly different color black, dark brown, light brown...... add depth.... THEN......


I thought why not highlight each limb....... that will add a little something something to it...... but you know it just wasn't happening for me...... i didn't ... you know... love them.......THEN i had a 
'brilliant' idea........


.......Why not put gold leaf on the tips of each limb??!! Oh my....yes... i LIKE that! 



So just call me GoldFinger!!!LOL! 



Turns out .... I really really like them..... Times like this i wish my living room wasn't so dark but you can click the pictures larger don't forget....... Now i cannot decide how to place them..... Straight across like the photo above or.........

......staggered with the black on in the back......hmmm..... I might have to live with them for a while before deciding.........  Told ya i've been busy! Not all my projects can be kicked out as quickly as this but some can and i'm trying to get some done...... Next post.. a peek in my sketchbook...... :) Hugs! deb

8 comments:

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Adding gold leaf is perfection. The trees look so good in your hutch. You scored...
xx, Carol

Diane Cayton-Hakey said...

They are quite beautiful with the touch of your goldfinger!

Jeanne said...

That is such a unique idea, and I think that the gold is great, and love how you have placed them!

Victoria said...

I love what you did with the trees! You turned them from mundane to exquisite, Miss Goldfinger!

Blessings,

Victoria

CraftyViolet said...

They turned out great. The gold leaf was just what they needed. I like the way you have them in the last photo.

Estelle's said...

Well..now you have inspired me! I think these are just so darn cute! I would love to try this....especially for fall! Love this idea and so appreciate your sharing your talents!

Eileen The Artful Crafter said...

Oh my, they make a beautiful display. Could they really be even better seen in person? The pictures are stunning. I love th cabinet as well.

Nancy said...

I think your trees are gorgeous :)
The gold is perfect!