Thursday, July 10, 2014

The Crepes are Popping...........


The star of the garden this week has been the Crepe Myrtles...... Everyday a few more blooms pop open.......


The lilies have been backing off........lots of 100+ degree temps... but i see some are putting new buds up so hopefully in a few weeks we'll have another round of lilies.......

But for right now purple Crepes are hogging all the attention!  I cannot wait until they get a little larger........  The header shows just how much the blue plumbago has taken off....... In the shade the blue is almost neon , its so bright...... How does your garden grow?? Hugs! deb

7 comments:

Krisha said...

So pretty, I am in love with the blue plumbago. I'll have to see if I can find some.

Right now my garden isn't so colorful with the 100" + weather. Even the hydrangeas are looking dull. I do have a red Mandeville in a pot, on the patio, that is blooming beautifully. So that is where I have my coffee in the morning.

Victoria said...

Wow, those plumbagos are gorgeous! So are the crepe myrtles. My sister, who lives in Redlands, has pink crepe myrtles, but they won't grow up here - too cold in the winter.

Blessings,

Victoria

CraftyViolet said...

My garden is just okay! We had a horrible winter and we lost a couple roses and some perennials. The roses are blooming but the bushes are small so less blooms. I had to plant quite a few annuals to give us some colour this year. Right now the lilies are the prettiest. I don't have the day lilies as I prefer the other kind. Your garden looks lovely. Love those blue flowers around the toad.

Lori said...

I love the plumbago! Crepe Myrtles are one of those plants that are really iffy around here. Sometimes they make it through the winter if they are sheltered, but you don't see a lot of them.

I have a new lily blooming this week and the coneflowers have just started!

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Oh so pretty...lucky you. I love your new banner. You KNOW I love frogs and I am loving yours surrounded by such beautiful flowers
xx, Carol

Art and Sand said...

Your flowers are gorgeous!

Eileen The Artful Crafter said...

My garden grows very well but no thanks to me. We have a wonderful gardener who really could be a landscape artist. I should shoot some pictures to share on my blog. You inspire me, girl ;-)